“Very good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #463 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed in a single room for 1 night, I chose the hotel mainly because of the very reasonable price. It is ideally located opposite the Roundhouse and is just a 5 minute walk away from the heart Camden Town.

Upon check in I requested a late check out, which was granted happily and without charge. The room was clean and comfortable, with a lovely powerful shower!

If I ever need to stay in Camden for a night this will be my first port of call.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Justin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Camden Lock Hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and comfortable. Nice en-suite, with lots of clean towels and toiletries. We took breakfast at the adjoining coffee bar which offers discounts for residents and served us a tasty full English breakfast. Free wifi in the room and really central to all the joys of Camden - Hawley Arms, Roundhouse, Markets and Locks. We'll definitely be going back!

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep, ask for a room further from the pub next door. They have live...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank janibam
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Easy to find from tube, friendly staff and simple accommodation. Compared to other budget hotels in London this was better than the places around Paddington (for example). Room was small but clean. Good breakfast. Free wifi. Sure, it didn't have the best noise insulation but hey - it's next to a pub. I'll go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Finntorp
Zadar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When I booked this hotel, I knew that I booked relatively cheap hotel in London. But we didn't get what I expected. The location is not bad, the metro station is nearby and it takes only 10 minutes to get to Oxford Street or Covent Garden. The reception staff is very friendly, when we arrived I asked for the quiter room, the lady found it for us. There is no lift, so we had to carry our bags upstairs. The room, we got, was for 2 persons but the room is very small. There is no mini-bar or hair-dryer, or any closet, just a few hangers. I had to ask at the reception to let me the hair-dryer. The room and the bathroom are clean. The breakfast is served in the nearby caffe bar. You can choose between English and continental breakfast. We chose continental and it's not so bad. But I was really disappointed because the first morning we got fresh pastry, but next two days - the pastry from the day before. The hotel has WI-FI. Nearby there are a few shops where you can buy some water or juices, as you don't have it in the room.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, but if you want to sleep at all, ask the room with a court-yard view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Spina24
Berkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel didn't look to bad in the photos on their website and there appeared to be no bad reviews.

On arriving I knew it would be bad news because the place was very grubby and they asked us to pay BEFORE we leave.

We hadn't even got to our room and there was litter left on window sills, the cleaners had thrown all of the dirty sheets into the hall way (which we had to step over) and there was a general pungent odour.

The room its self was dirty, there was blood on the duvet, the bathroom mirror was broken and there were foot prints and bogeys on the wall.

When we left to visit the round-house the lady on reception asked us to leave our key: which we refused to do, only to be told "Well we have a master key anyway so we can still get in your room if we need to".... I still have no idea why she felt the need to tell us that but I made sure I left no valuables in the room!

Our room was on the 3rd floor and I was quite shocked to see they were using the fire escape stair-well as a storage area for cleaning supplies and fresh linen so in the event of a fire you would find it extremely difficult to get down the stairs!

And to top it all off the bed was knackered and now I've got a back ache.

I'd have been better of setting the £100 the room cost on fi

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DaveyLC

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked this hotel as we where going to a gig in The Jazz Cafe and it was within walking distance, however it wasn't the best.
The pros-location, it is at the edge of Camden Town, close to subway stations and adjecent to The Roundhouse, Camden Market and Camden Town. The breakfast which is served in the cafe attached to the hotel was also excellent and a great full English breakfast was included in our room price. The linen, towels and bathroom clean.
The cons-The rooms was tired and shabby with various dubious stains on the carpets, the plumbing is so noisy, from 5am all you heard was toilets flushing and showers running "loudly".
Overall if you are looking for a cheap room to bed down for the night, this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saltford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed on a Friday night as I was meeting friends to see a gig at The Roundhouse. For this purpose the hotel is perfect, however it's not the place for a romantic weekend. The building is a little tied although the room was fine. It was a little small but hay, that's London for you. It was very clean. One of the windows didn't close perfectly so noise was a bit of an issue especially the bin men at 6am. As it happened I had to be up early. The staff were good, receptionist excellent and very helpful. I din't try the food as I was off early. Perfect as a crash pad but very basic and not really suitable for a break. It wasn't cheap too but again for the location it couldn't be better. It was so close I din't even take my coat with me!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo