“Boka Hotel Review”
Review of Boka Hotel

Boka Hotel
Ranked #759 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The budget price you pay for this you hotel you will get budget so dont expect anymore its basically basic.. The room I stayed in 204 was ok basic had kitchenette en suite toilet and 2 single beds and cupboard for clothese and fridge. There was a tv there but it didn't work the 1st night so I toldthe receptionist and he said I will get someone to look at it. I had to tell him again the 2nd day that it still wasnt working until eventually they sorted it. The only problem I had was the room walls are so thin u can hear the other rooms next to you. I had the problem of noisy peiple who were up at 6am talking and laughing and shouting. I told the receptionist he said ok I will send a letter through the door. So I left it then. Next morning same again it happended again and I tokd the receptionist for them to tell me oh their checking out today. Great 2 sleepless mornings thanks to them. Oh by the way if bring extra clothing as the radiators wasnt working in my room hence I had to go downstairs to ask receptionist for a small electric heater. Breakfast was ok basic 1 sausage 1 bacon 1 egg and small portion of beans with tea or orange juice. The staff that did the breakfast was helpful. The location was good to where I was going and very central right in the centre of everything.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
BokaLondon, Manager at Boka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thnak you for your review

I apologise for the other guests who disturbed you, whilst its annoying it can happen, we do act if someone complains about another guest .

With regard to the television, it did work, in the UK we have in the past year switched from Analogue TV to Digital TV and on a remote control it has buttons for the source of the signal such as DTV, if the button for analogue is accidentally pressed then it will say No Signal, but pressing the DTV button takes it back, we are looking at placing instructions in rooms to explain this to make life easier for guests. I did check the tv the first time but the buttons are easy to hit by mistake so due to that as I have mentioned we will make future guests aware.

I am pleased you found the staff helpful and the breakfast and hope you will visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Boka Hotel

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here two weeks ago. We were both impressed with the hotel. Firstly, our room had a Kitchenette, a mezzanine style bedding area, clean bedding and a spacious bathroom. The hotel was very close to Earls Court Tube Station and London Attractions. The hotel has a spacious dining area. There is WiFi access available there too. The hotel prices were very reasonable considering the location and a complimentary breakfast is provided too. We didn't have the breakfast because we're not early risers LOL. All members of staff were polite and approachable. The booking system was first rate and we're both impressed with the hotel's refurbishment. We will be staying here again when we're staying in London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaireM484

many thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I booked this hotel for myself and daughter as it was just round the corner from Earls Court centre. The hotel was clean although a little worn. The room was clean and the beds comfy.It was nice and warm.The kitchenette was a bonus.The bathroom was small but clean and functional. We had a room on the back 208 and it was very quiet and we slept really well.The breakfast was cornflakes, juice as much tea and coffee as you wanted and a cooked breakfast (an egg,a thick slice of bacon,sausage beans and toast). The staff were pleasant and polite. The tube station is 2 mins around the corner. I bought a day tube/bus ticket which saved me ££. We were able to go all over . I had some concerns after reading some of the reviews but it was clean and cosy although a little worn. I paid £75 for 2 adults and full breakfast in London ! It was good value. I would be happy to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crani

Many thanks for your nice comments I am pleased you were happy with your stay and enjoyed your trip to London , we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Although the location was very good (near tube station), the hotel is nothing like in pictures. The room had damp up the walls, a junk site out the window, I booked a twin room and my friend had to sleep on an air bed. There were random holes in the bathroom. The light had 4 bulbs, 3 of which didn't work. The rooms are dark, damp, cold. The walls paper thin, we could hear everyone in the surrounding rooms and we weren't notified to the builders they had working. Terrible experience, terrible hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
BokaLondon, General Manager at Boka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Miss L.Y

I am sorry you feel the hotel was the worst you have stayed in, you never made any comment at all to reception during your stay or when you apsssed by reception on your way in and out or on checkout.

I am somewhat confused by your suugestion that your friend stayed on an airbed ??? you booked a twin but we actually allcoated Room 011 which is a family room with one double bed and 3 singles on the mezzanine. not one airbed anywhere in sight as we dont use them .

As for random holes in the bathroom etc I am uploading photos of Room 011 for others to make their own decisons on.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was in London on business and unfortunately had to make a late booking and came across the Boka hotel as one of the few that had vacancies. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found given the price that I had paid. A small but clean room with a small kitchen area, clean functional bathroom, but more importantly in a very quiet area. I am not sure what sort of mattress they use on the beds but it was extremely comfortable and this, combined with low external noise, meant that I slept like a log.

The breakfast was great. Cooked to order and included in the rate. It is such a convenient location, being just around the corner from the tube and very close to Earls court shops, bars and restaurants. There is also an M&S food outlet nearby so that there is an option to self cater as there is a microwave and hob in the small kitchen.

The furniture in the room was old but clean and functional, but given the good value, this was not a problem.

I will be back

Room Tip: There is only Wifi on the ground floor. I was on the top floor where I used my iphone hotspot for my...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

For two people out for a good session in the local pubs this is ok. Would not want to take the wife! Loose taps, poor shower and "furniture" not fit for a flea market. The only good points are that it has clean beds and is quiet at night. Never before come across orange squash instead of juice for breakfast . As far as I know the room was not serviced during a three day stay. Cheap or not I would not return.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms here are large with several beds and a kitchenette so you could live in if so desi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great hotel for a stay in london. Right opposite earls court 1 & 2 and earls court tube station. Rooms are spacious, clean, ensuite and come with a fridge, microwave & kettle. You can get a cooked breakfast, toast or cereal in the morning all inclusive. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012