“Nice place to stay, great value”
Review of Adria Hotel

Adria Hotel
Ranked #282 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Checkin was fast and staff very polite. I was in room 405 on the second floor, the stairs wer very steep. Room was small but big enough for one. Bed very clean and comfortable but the walls are very thin and there was some sort of renovation work going on in the room next door so a lot of hammering but this was only in the daytime and would only be a temporary thing.

Toiletries were provided but I didn't try them but the shower was difficult to get into due to a small opening in the door and water was cold for the first 5 minutes, so a tip is to put shower on and come back later. Tea & coffee facilities but no milk, this must have been an oversight, I'm sure I could have got some from reception as staff were very good. breakfast was available, continental £4 and full english for £7 but I didn't have breakfast at the hotel.

About 5-10 mins walk from tube station (Tesco Extra in tube station for supplies) and plenty of pubs close by, William Morris is a Wetherspoons pub in Lyric Square between tube and hotel for good food.

Although I've only given it a 3 I would stay there again as it was very clean and good value for London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on first floor as stairs are steep with luggage these are numbered 300, not sure if y...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel has many positives- it's clean, cheap and the staff seemed friendly. However I had what was one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had. The room was so hot we really had no choice but to have the window open, but the traffic noise was unbearable. It sounded like lorries were having drag races up and down the road all night. The water also dribbled out of the shower in a rather pathetic manner. However if you're looking to stay in Hammersmith at a low cost, this could well be one of the better options. Especially when it's colder and you can keep the windows closed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Adria hotel in Hammersmith is a great place to stay if you are in London for a few days. The hotel itself is located in a safe quiet neighborhood with access to everything. We stayed here for 2 nights and were quite pleased, there are many good things about this hotel. For those who are planning to stay, just a few small details to be aware of:

1. You are about 30-45 min from Central London sights by tube but this is not a big deal to save some $$$

2. We were checked in at the newer building next door to the hotel which had no lift. We stayed on the 4th floor and lugged our luggage up the flights of stairs. This is no biggie for us as we are young travelers, but might be a little difficult for weaker travelers.

Overall its a lovely hotel and lovely stay in the center of town and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get one on the ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located within walking distance from the centre of the lively Hammersmith. Very local and less touristy, something which I like. Although a bit far away from the city centre, Hammersmith Underground has good access to many tube lines.

Staff were friendly and helpful. They even helped me to print my easybus ticket.

Good wifi connection within the room. Room size was ok for me. Would definitely consider staying in this place again if I'm ever in London.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great location for exploring London. Relatively handy to heathrow, Wimbledon, odeon, and a short walk to hammersmith tube station. Have stayed in less pleasant and less convenient places in London for more money.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

As per the numerous previous visits on business and for a cost effective weekend base in London, always the same good service, all the mod cons with basic home comforts. Rooms a bit on the small side but OK for a short stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've heard many people say the phrase, "For London, it's a decent place to stay" regarding various hotels. Now I suppose I'm saying the same thing about the Adria Hotel. It fit our needs so far as a place to stay, but don't assume you will have any amenities other than a shower, bathroom and bed. Very small room creating a “crunched” feel, no telephone, no alarm clock, no room to store items, and no fridge available to store left-over food. The room did however have a coffee maker and glasses for use. Two things I liked about the hotel are the free Wi-Fi and abundance of plugs for phone chargers, computer, video cam, etc. I will say, the hotel is quite clean even during ongoing renovations.

The hotel is also close to the underground train, which will take you anywhere you want to go in London. It is also right across the street from a large public parking garage. Although, the parking garage is a bit expensive to park in, I believe 24 pounds per day if my memory serves me correctly.

Upon check-in, I was a bit put off when I realized we would have to buy our breakfast for 4 pounds per person, which consisted of coffee or tea, juice, milk, pastries and cereal and fresh fruit--What you would expect to receive as choices for a continental breakfast based on other hotels I've stayed at. For 7 pounds per person, you could have a larger choice of food consisting of meat, eggs, etc. I guess that's a fair price for London, but I wasn't quite expecting so little food for 4 pounds a person.

All that being said, Adria Hotel was clean and the staff members were helpful and nice. The hotel provided us with a place to stay for one night, which is what other people told me to expect for London hotels. Therefore, on that note, it fit the job we chose it for.

Room Tip: -Public parking across the street from Adria Hotel -Walking distance to underground train system...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple