“Lovely hotel”

Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith
Ranked #193 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Can highly recommend this hotel for an inexpensive London stay. We were booked to see a show at the Hammersmith Apollo and it's an easy 10 minute walk. The staff are excellent with customer service high on their priorities. Modern bedrooms and considering its location very peaceful. Breakfast was very good with continental and hot choices. The high street has all the usual shops and an endless choice of restaurants. Walk down the road immediately opposite the entrance to the hotel, through the subway and your in Furnival Gardens and the Thames path. A perfect place for a picnic or there is a lovely pub with excellent food right on the river called The Blue Anchor, although there are several pubs which all look good. A taxi from Victoria railway station cost us £20

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ahmed_Khwaja, Guest Services Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the lovely review about our hotel.

It is a great pleasure to read that you has such a good experience staying with us. Our staff do their best to make our guests feel welcome and at ease.

I am also very proud that you liked our breakfast choice and the location of our property.

I really hope to welcome you here at Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith soon.

Annamaria Tornincasa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I came to this hotel as I was doing a course in Chiswick in London. The hotel in chiswick were extremely expensive (or horrifically bad looking) so I decided to do a bit of research and see where else was close enough. This hotel had some decent reviews and the price wasn't too bad for a 2 night stay so I took the plunge. It was only a 20 minute tube ride from kings cross and literally a 5 minute walk from the tube station (this was the first time if ever used the tubes and navigate myself without catching a taxi). It was really easy to find with google maps however it's tucked away a little bit and you won't see it from the front street. The staff were very friendly and the room was spotless. I had a really comfortable sleep and in the morning I had the breakfast which was pretty standard but nice. The only problem is that breakfast is only on till 9:30 so if you were planning on having a lie in then you would could miss it; however there is a Wetherspoons it the hotels doorstep so I enjoyed breakfast there on my second day (as I missed it in the hotel). All in all everything was perfect and just as described on the hotel website itself. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Ahmed_Khwaja, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear HbrookeM,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here at Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith.

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you for finding us always friendly as we always try to do our best to meet our guests' expectations.

I am also very glad you liked our complimentary breakfast.

I do hope to welcome you here in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have the opportunity to stay in this hotel during a visit of my husband to his main office of work in London.the hotel is very interesting.the rooms are nice and comfortable and so is the bathroom.the breakfast is international and various.the staff of the hotel are so cooperative and calm .If you want to relax ,go to this hotel .. the prices are so reasonable.the most important thing is the location of the hotel which is near to the Hammersmith station where you can take the nice red bus,or the underground. You can find many restaurants with low prices in King street where the hotel is located. I recommend to choose this hotel if you go to London. By the way,the breakfast is included.

Room Tip: I have no idea about other rooms,but our room on the south side was quite and sunny.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bahriya52

Dear bahriya52,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am very happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found your room calm and tidy so that you could get a good sleep.

A special thank you on behalf of all our personnel for complimenting us in being always cooperative. We do our best to be able to meet our guests' expectations.

All our staff and I hope to see you back here at Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, good location, quite nights sleep, air con and reasonable parking charges make for a sensible choice hotel.
Breakfast is a bit weak and this holiday inn express doesn't offer bacon for some reason?

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank foshUK
Ahmed_Khwaja, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay

I am glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, location was convenient to you and overall you had a good night sleep. However as a Holiday Inn Express our items are limited to what we can offer to our guests as part of your Free Breakfast. So unfortunatly bacon is not one of those items. Glad to see the rest of your stay was an enjoyable one. Hope to see you again next time your in London.

Ahmed Khwaja

Reviewed June 18, 2014

A great hotel - modern light clean room - very comfy bed.
The staff were fabulous - very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Breakfast included was an additional surprise - would recommend and stay there again.Close proximity to tube station

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank KatieC587

Dear KatieC587,

I would like to thank you for your lovely review about our hotel.

It is absolutely a pleasure to read that you found all our staff fabulous, as we always make our best effort to please all our guests.

I am also glad to learn that your stay was very comfortable.

I hope to welcome you here at Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not far from hammersmith rail and bus stations. Easy connections to Heathrow. Down a side street of its own. Good sized room with its own sofa bed tv corner. Large shower and innovative door to loo which is door to bathroom. Breakfast is buffet but it has something for everyone. Genuine staff who knew there stuff. I was going to from Westfield and the receptionist knew it was a 72 bus. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby including bryon burger. I bought three piece snack crisps drink and chocolate from 24 hr reception very easy to pay under a fiver. Bar and snooker table too.

Room Tip: Fourth floor might have a view of London.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Ahmed_Khwaja, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Carnalbanagh,

I would like to thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to see you were extremely satisfied with our services and location to the shopping centre (Westfield). We are ideally located on the King Street where all our customers have easy access to various restaurants and the popular Hammersmith Apollo.

On behalf all the staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith, I will like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ehi Ojeifo
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here at the weekend and had a lovely stay.Rooms were clean. We had a corner room so it was huge :) .there is a weatherspoons under hotel but we didnt hear a sound from it! And it was great to get a cheap cocktail pitcher! And bar snacks. The underground is just over a 5 minute walk away and there are lots of high street branded shops along the walk. Our room faced main road and was a little noisy but this wouldn't put me off staying here. We payed £89 for room through hoteldirect and this included breakfast for 2! Bargain for London!

Room Tip: Corner room are bigger :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ahmed_Khwaja, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad that our location was convenient to you during your stay and that you were satisfied with the rooms, amenities and our complimentary breakfast.

I am sorry to read that you were disturbed by noise, but I am happy to know that this would not affect you to come back and stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith.

I thank you again for taking the time to review us and hope to welcome you soon in our hotel.