Me and my family stayed at this hotel in August of last year. When we arrived by taxi we discovered that the hotel isn't directly on the street but inside an ally-like corner. We walked in an almost immediately checked in to our rooms. We will admit that we were really surprised when we saw the rooms, maybe we're just not used to it but the rooms were deathly small; and they contained no mini bar and no safe. My bigger problem was that there was not enough closet space to hang and put your clothes. I was in a double room with my sister and we ended up having to put our clothes in the floor and under the desk. There wasn't room service, and we came to a realization as to these several amenities were not provided; it was a holiday inn 'EXPRESS' so a safe is apparently a luxury thing. Th lovely things about the rooms were that they were so incredibly clean, and that although there wasn't much of a view, way in the distance there was a train passing by every now and then which for me and my family was very enjoyable. The breakfast at this hotel is complementary which is very nice, but the variety is terrible. Being an American jordanian I became accustomed to big breakfasts and huge variety. The breakfast was a standard English breakfast of beans, toast, eggs, cheese, muffins and sausage. My complaint about the breakfast is that after a few day of staying here it becomes very, very dull. And it wouldn't hurt if you switch up the type of cheese every two days of so, it was the same cheese every single day with no other alternative. The location of the hotel is absolutely amazing, it's situated in a lovely street filled with shops for everything! It's even got banks. At the far end of the street, about a 5 minute walk there's the metro which is very convenient.
We did enjoy our stay very much despite these little details. If you're looking for a good hotel and are on a tight budget then the hotel is great, just don't expect luxury, because in the end you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a convenient location and easy links to central London at the Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith hotel. The modern Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith is an inviting home-from-home, a short stroll from Hammersmith Tube station for direct links to Heathrow Airport and the attractions of central London. Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and an inclusive buffet breakfast fir every guest makes us a grear-value choice just steps from Hammersmith's bustling King Street. Feel free to make use of Holiday Inn Express London-Hammersmith's 24-hour Business Centre and host events for up to 35 people in our 4 meeting rooms. We're a 10-minute walk to meetings with Coca Cola, L'Oréal and Disney, a mile to the BSI and 2 miles to major conferences and exhibitions at Earls Court and Olympia. Our handy location means it's just a few minutes' walk to live music and comedy at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo, and a short Tube journey for panoramic views on the London Eye. Packed full of boutiques, high-street stores and restaurants, the enormous Westfield shopping centre is 2 miles from the hotel. Our hotel in London's Hammersmith is a convenient choice if you're arriving in London by car. We're outside the congestion charge zone and offer some parking spaces. Our newly refurbished rooms have everything you need to relax, from comfy beds and free Wi-Fi to flatscreen TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. Each room has a fresh, stylish en-suite with power shower, perfect for refreshing yourself. You'll also find nifty USB ports next to the bed and an iron and ironing board in your cosy room. Under-18s stay free in family-sized guestrooms and you can socialise 'til late in our contemporary Lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith England