“A lovely Hotel in the heart of Hammersmith”

Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith
Ranked #198 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a lovely Hotel, we had lived in the late 90's in Hammersmith and so on a recent trip back decided to stay in Hammersmith so we would know our bearings. The main street hasnt changed all too much except the addition of this lovely Hotel. Its an IHG Hotel so quality is assured, though being an Express its at the Budget end of the chain, so there should not be a five star expectation. But cleanliness, nice service and quality is a given.

We were not dissapointed, the weather was great, the whole of London is gearing up for the Olympics and Shepaherds bush which is in walking distance, has a huge newish Westfields shopping complexe, so its all rather exciting. It was a shame to see that London United buses had been re logoed with Transdev a French operator, but thats the way with the international market.

But I digress from this beautiful and handy Hotel which is just minutes walk from Trains, The Tube, and a bus interchange which has connections to most nearly all of London. Its very handy. There is a full range of restaurants from fast food and takeaways to sit down in King Street and pleanty of banks and shops, There are some nice Pubs and great sandwhich places all within minutes walk of the Hotel.

The staff here are attentive and kind, we had a lovely front facing room over in the corner, whaich seemed to be in a turet? but no it was just a really nice double room with a good practicle bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities. It was nice and I like extra pillows and a quick call down to reception and there was two extras brought up no problem. The room was cleaned and made up daily and it was all very good.

It was nice to be back in Hammersmith for 4 days and it was nice to see the old places that had heald such a fond place in our hearts, I recommend you take a walk down to the river at dusk or early evening and see Hammersmith bridge lit up, it is lovely and theres a few good pubs down there as well.

Room Tip: Sorry I dont think the Hotel had a pool but once I clicked on the rating it wouldnt let me get out o...
4  Thank VangeInternational
Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon for five nights. We really liked the location and the neighborhood. It was not very touristy which was nice. It was about a 7/8 minute walk to the metro station and it had access to pretty much everywhere you need to go. Hammersmith Tube Stop is great! The hotel overall was very nice. We stayed on the 4th floor. Both my husband and I had trouble sleeping on the beds though. They were a bit on the hard side and the pillows were just terrible. They had a 'firm' pillow and a 'soft' pillow although to me they felt the same. The breakfast was okay, it wasn't anything amazing. It is a traditional British breakfast and it came with our room so we ate it every day. I usually ended up getting cereal and toast or something along those lines because the sausage and beans was a bit weird to me. The hotel is off of King Street down a little alley. It is not a scarey alley but it was just a little interesting. We didn't have any problems with noise except when we first got there I took a nap and you could sure hear the people out in the hallway. Walls are very thin! They had our room ready a little early on the day we came in so we checked in around 1pm. Which was very nice. I know sometimes they don't have the room available.
Overall the location was great. Close to malls, shopping, underground and easy to find. It is right next door to a restaurant but it opens late and the restaurant does not accept US credit cards. I would recommend people stay here though. :-)

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife booked this as we were going to see Tom Jones at the Apollo and this was supposed to be a short walk, which it is, so all good there.
We were met by a nice and friendly receptionist, we were given a very adequate room with everything we needed. We had a good nights sleep and in the morning had a far better breakfast than I was expecting. Checked out by another very nice receptionist. Tube stations also a very short walk. All good.
The only reservation I had was the area, I am in no way shape or form a city boy and so may not be the best person to comment on this but i just felt the area ie Hammersmith was a little seedy/dodgy especially walking back after the concert, we didn't have any problems at all but it just felt a little threatening, but perhaps this may be similar to most areas in London.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Beaubleep
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Conveniently located about a 5 minute walk from Hammersmith tube and bus station and a 7/8 minute walk from the Hammersmith Apollo.

The hotel is situated above a Wetherspoons pub which serves an alternative for breakfast in the hotel, as well as traditional 'english' food throught the day. There is also the usual McDonalds, KFC etc and numerous pubs and sandwich shops as well as a summer outdoor 'square' showing Euro 2012 football matches,films and presumably forthcoming Olympic events.

The hotel itself was queit, bright and clean and the reception staff very welcoming. Our room was large and bright and it too was kept spotless by the housekeeping staff on our floor. We did not eat in the hotel as our booking was made on a room only basis, but tea and coffee supplies in the room were replenished as necessary.

We used this hotel as a base to visit Wimbledon and by using an Oyster card we were able to keep travel costs down. The rate charged by the hotel reflects its 'non-central' location, but we will definitely use it again the next time we visit London.

1  Thank 11Holly11
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and review our hotel. I am glad that our location was convenient to you and I am pleased that you were satisfied with our staff, rooms and amenities. Holiday Inn Express always includes breakfast at no extra charge and I’m sorry to hear that you were unable to take advantage of this.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback & I look forward to seeing you next time you travel to London.

Yours sincerely,

Ahmed Khwaja
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We picked this hotel as my partner knew the area well and the price was similar to other hotels in London and was good value.
The hotel is close to two tube stations - Hammersmith (District, Piccadilly and Hammersmith & City lines) and Ravenscourt park (District line only) so getting into central London is easy (around 30 minutes to the West end)
The staff were attentive and efficient, the rooms were comfortable and clean. A free breakfast was included in the price, there are also a number of food outlets in the area and several pubs within a short distance.
There is free wifi available in the main reception/lobby area but I found this difficult to access, however several people could be seen using pc's/phones etc so this seems to work. Wifi in the rooms is available on paid basis only.
If I had one criticism it would be that the breakfast service needs some attention. The area provided for self service is very small and gets extremely crowded. This could benefit from some re-arranging. Also there only seemed to be one staff member looking after this area (and doing a good job!) but extra staff might also help to improve things here.
Overall I would say that it was positive experience and would recommend this hotel for those looking for accommodation in the western part of London.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are good, especially those furthest away from the Wetherspoons pub.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went on a comparison website for the best price in the area, this won but had no idea id be paying £15 a day car park (bit of a joke). Do not pay extra for breakfast as there is a weatherspoons next door and their food is allot nicer than Holiday inns idea of a meal. i think the juice was watered down with about 80% water, tasted like watered down squash not refreshing glass of juice. Not a bad room fairly sized TV all good but the rest of it felt like i was in Butlins again, all in all not a bad stay but things could be improved so easily.

Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith.

I am pleased that you liked the flat screen TV and size of our bedroom. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the car parking charges.Our onsite car parking charges are displayed on our website and at the entrance of our car park. At the hotel we regularly review all of our prices in line with competitors in the local area to ensure that we are constantly offering the best price and value for money and I am confident that our car parking charges are lowest in the area in compare to other competitors.

Our free breakfast buffet is extremely popular but I apologise that you didn’t get to experience it at its best. I have spoken with my team to discuss your review and we will work to improve the breakfast experience in future.

Once again, thank you for your valued custom and comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Ahmed Khwaja
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed here in nov 2012, great place to stay just on out skirts of london, really enjoy breakfast was good, and easy access to the tube to central london, would defo recommend this place, really nice and staff. Were friendly, although arrive early to ensure you get a parking space, not many available but we were early so wasnt a problem

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple