This is a lovely Hotel, we had lived in the late 90's in Hammersmith and so on a recent trip back decided to stay in Hammersmith so we would know our bearings. The main street hasnt changed all too much except the addition of this lovely Hotel. Its an IHG Hotel so quality is assured, though being an Express its at the Budget end of the chain, so there should not be a five star expectation. But cleanliness, nice service and quality is a given.
We were not dissapointed, the weather was great, the whole of London is gearing up for the Olympics and Shepaherds bush which is in walking distance, has a huge newish Westfields shopping complexe, so its all rather exciting. It was a shame to see that London United buses had been re logoed with Transdev a French operator, but thats the way with the international market.
But I digress from this beautiful and handy Hotel which is just minutes walk from Trains, The Tube, and a bus interchange which has connections to most nearly all of London. Its very handy. There is a full range of restaurants from fast food and takeaways to sit down in King Street and pleanty of banks and shops, There are some nice Pubs and great sandwhich places all within minutes walk of the Hotel.
The staff here are attentive and kind, we had a lovely front facing room over in the corner, whaich seemed to be in a turet? but no it was just a really nice double room with a good practicle bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities. It was nice and I like extra pillows and a quick call down to reception and there was two extras brought up no problem. The room was cleaned and made up daily and it was all very good.
It was nice to be back in Hammersmith for 4 days and it was nice to see the old places that had heald such a fond place in our hearts, I recommend you take a walk down to the river at dusk or early evening and see Hammersmith bridge lit up, it is lovely and theres a few good pubs down there as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a convenient location and easy links to central London at the Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith hotel. The modern Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith is an inviting home-from-home, a short stroll from Hammersmith Tube station for direct links to Heathrow Airport and the attractions of central London. Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and an inclusive buffet breakfast fir every guest makes us a grear-value choice just steps from Hammersmith's bustling King Street. Feel free to make use of Holiday Inn Express London-Hammersmith's 24-hour Business Centre and host events for up to 35 people in our 4 meeting rooms. We're a 10-minute walk to meetings with Coca Cola, L'Oréal and Disney, a mile to the BSI and 2 miles to major conferences and exhibitions at Earls Court and Olympia. Our handy location means it's just a few minutes' walk to live music and comedy at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo, and a short Tube journey for panoramic views on the London Eye. Packed full of boutiques, high-street stores and restaurants, the enormous Westfield shopping centre is 2 miles from the hotel. Our hotel in London's Hammersmith is a convenient choice if you're arriving in London by car. We're outside the congestion charge zone and offer some parking spaces. Our newly refurbished rooms have everything you need to relax, from comfy beds and free Wi-Fi to flatscreen TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. Each room has a fresh, stylish en-suite with power shower, perfect for refreshing yourself. You'll also find nifty USB ports next to the bed and an iron and ironing board in your cosy room. Under-18s stay free in family-sized guestrooms and you can socialise 'til late in our contemporary Lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith England