“Lovely ice cream with lots of wonderful choices of flavours” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Vanilla - CLOSED

Black Vanilla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Drinks, Takeout
Description: At Black Vanilla we focus our passion and creativity to create our multi award winning, handcrafted gelato and sorbetto using the finest, fresh ingredients. Our dedicated team of chefs bring obsession and a wealth of experience to every spoonful, something evident from the first taste.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely ice cream with lots of wonderful choices of flavours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Came here with my girlfriend after walking through Greenwich and noticing this place. We decided to have our dessert here after eating pie, mash and liquor at Goddards as we had not been too impressed with the desserts there. I have to say that the ice cream was beautiful; there were so many choices encompassing flavours which I have never associated with ice cream. We opted for the biggest ice cream selection which was three flavours in a tub at £5 each tub (it worked out a bit more expensive as it turned out that there is a 50p supplement for some of the flavours as they are considered "Premium" flavours - yeah, I know! Anyway, my girlfriend had Cinnamon, Pistachio [Premium flavour] and Coconut. They were lovely, especially the Cinnamon which was a flavour which you would never have thought would have been used in an ice cream! I had the chocolate, rum & raisin and Turkish Delight. I have to say that the Turkish Delight was sublime and I could have eaten it all day! The rum and raisin was also great but I was not too impressed with the chocolate. The chocolate wasn't bad but I have eaten chocolate ice cream in Italy and the flavour is rich, deep and velvety, whereas this one was not and did not really come across as a great ice cream but more like one you could find in any supermarket.
Nevertheless I am still giving it 5 stars because the choice of flavours is immense and on the whole the ice creams are fantastic and if you even remotely like Turkish delight I suggest you try it - where else will you find this flavour in an ice cream parlour?!
We ate upstairs which is nicely laid out to chill out in and sitting near the window is a bonus though the whole room is bright and welcoming. There is also a garden seating area which we wanted to try but the rain did not make that a viable option! We'll do it next time!

• Visited June 2013

Maputo, Mozambique
“Super Ice Cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

this place has the best ice cream in greenwhich, cool flavours, big portions and good prices, well worth a visit

Visited June 2013
Blackheath london
“The best place in bustling Blackheath for coffee,ice cream& cake.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

A regular haunt for anyone seeking a really excellent coffee and the ice cream is really good also, not inexpensive and who knows who will serve you as there is the fastest turnover of staff that I have yet encountered.Right in the centre of the village you can watch the world go by but watch out horrendous increases in rents locally will probably drive out the novel small innovators & replace them with the usual brands to bore the life out of us.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“great service, delicious gelato and coffees and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

i was pleased with their product, quite delicious and authentic gelato i can say :)
(they produce all gelato on site pasteurizing all products from scratch,)
the coffee and cupcakes are just divine and the service was nice and warm

YOU NEED TO TRY IT !!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely outstanding gelato and coffee best in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Absolutely love this place was completely amazed by the quality of the gelato by far the best we have ever tasted. My husband and I visited Black Vanilla with our children. I had the salted caramel and pistachio gelato both of which were exceptional. My children had the Sicilian lemon and pomegranate sorbet I have never tasted sorbet so smooth and full of flavour you would never think it was made without dairy. My husband opted for a double espresso and was so impressed by the quality we purchased a bag of the bean to take back home.
The staff were really pleasant and friendly and offered multiple tasters and advice about flavour combinations helping the children to decide. A real treasure in Greenwich only wish we lived closer so we could visit more often.

1 Thank Carly1978