“Nice atmosphere. Overpriced food.”
Review of Mishkin's - CLOSED

Mishkin's
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The boundaries in Mishkin's origins are as ambiguous as the menu's influences. Mishkin's is not Kosher (and neither, incidentally, is Katz's Deli in New York - perhaps the most famous Jewish restaurant in the world) and the dishes are based very loosely on the sort of Jewish comfort food we all love eating.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went here for dinner. The atmosphere was nice and the service was good. As a fan of Jewish food, I was quite disappointed. The food was nothing special and really overpriced for what it was. £11 for a Reuben sandwich and £10 for a salt beef bagel that you can get at Brick Lane for £3.90.
Don't come here for food but for the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went here for lunch with colleagues. Was empty when we arrived but the service was still a bit slow - although very friendly. The waiter had to warn one of our party how small the (larger option) burger was which didn't bode well. The Reuben sandwich was nice but at £11 you'd hope it would be. Good quality ingredients but a bit overpriced perhaps. Wouldn't make a special effort to revisit.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went to this place twice. Both times, service was very friendly. My second time there was kind of an enjoyable meal, but it just wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first one. Starters were lovely but my main course : Reuben (pastrami, sauerkraut, pickles and mustard on rye bread) was a disappointment as the meat came apart and the rye tasted a bit burned.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Sit at the bar, have a vanilla shake, some onion rings a tasty burger and you can't go far wrong. Great for a post shopping/pre theatre bite to eat or somewhere different to go with friends. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

To celebrate the final day of Passover this year, and an end to eating matzo ( which I did not do bc as my friends say ' Im a bad jew") my buddy and I went to Mishkins for dinner. I had a delicious old fashioned while I waited for my food to arrive...one of the best old fashions that I have had ever actually.
Food was very tasty..the sandwiches are HUGE and you should totally share so that you leave room for the donuts for dessert.
Atmosphere makes a jewish deli feel super chic. Love the vibe and the staff.
Great job Mishkins.