“Disappointing”

Ranked #42 of 400 Dessert in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Kahve Dünyası draws its strength from the demand and likes of its customers, and meets the consumers at many different points across Turkey. Kahve Dünyası offers many traditional and modern coffee varieties, especially Turkish coffee, to the enjoyment of its guests.Kahve Dünyası offers more than 50 kinds of coffee from traditional Turkish coffee to espresso-based gourmet coffee varieties, from flavored filter coffee to chilled coffee, and from packaged coffee products to regional coffees.Along with coffee, chocolate production is also another area in which Kahve Dünyası is an expert. Producing all of the chocolate kinds offered for sale in its stores, Kahve Dünyası was the first to serve chocolate alongside coffee.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visited on a Groupon deal for afternoon tea, showed our voucher and was told the offer does not start until 1.00 oclock. We pointed out it was 1.15. We were then given a menu. Three waitresses later we go to order the afternoon tea. Two finger sandwiches with smoke salmon, two with cheese spread and cucumber, two potato cakes two macaroons, two mini scones with jam and cream, four chocolates. One of the most disappointing teas we have had. Staff training required. The goody bag chocolates were very nice, but all in all disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Kahve Dunyasi

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Pandoras box of coffee, chocolates, desserts and scrumptious snacks. Delicious from the hot cafe latte (served with a thick chocolate spoon!) to the hand picked, served and delivered chocolates.Surprised at the inside space, looks small from outside,but get inside and I challenge anyone to resist. Nicest cup of coffee I have had for a long time. Staff very very efficient (very busy on arrival, but not made to feel in the way).Will definitely visit a second time.Buy 9 coffees get the 10th free.Impressive!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were quite surprised with this place - after our long shopping day, we found ourselves can't resist the look of chocolates and the display in the window...

The coffee bean wrapped with different color of chocolate was offered as a welcoming starter for the guests. We both ordered the frozen yogurt with fruits either with sauce or plain. The fruits were really tasty and fresh. The yogurt tastes great too. The only thing that I do miss is tea... If there are tea on the menu, I would definitely order a cake to go with it...

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to Kahve Dunyasi a couple of times for lunch when on business near Piccadilly Circus. Don't be fooled by the small frontage - the cafe extends a long way back and behind adjoining shops. This give a really spacious and relaxed feel inside.

Perhaps the thing that has impressed me most on both my visits so far has been the attitude of the staff. They are cheerful and eager to help.

The range of lunch snacks is diverse with standard things like baguettes and small Pizzas but also they have intersting Turkish snacks (I can recommend the Borekitas) which make for a bit of a change.

I think it is also reasonably priced given the location and the pleasant surroundings.

Also their macaroons (to take away) are some of the cheapest I have seen in London and really nicely packaged. My wife now expects me to come back with a pack of these whenever I'm working in London.

1  Thank sekret_skwirrel
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had just came up from the tube at Piccadilly Circus and were in need of refreshments, instead of going into one of the many coffee shop chains, we stumbled upon Kahve Dunyasi. What a fantastic find, as you open the door you are met with a delicious aroma of coffee and chocolate, your eyes are drawn to the great display of wonderful chocolates, then you see the cakes wow!

We were greeted and seated by lovely polite staff, the fresh lemonade was sharp and refreshing and my daughter's coffee excellent, we also had a plate of beautiful macaroons, what a shame we weren't hungry enough to sample more of the tempting cakes and pastries, oh and then there was the great selection of ice-cream.

Can't wait for the next time we're in London so we can make a return visit, we are telling all our friends to visit.