“The stay couldnt have been more pleasant”
other travelers have booked this property
Living room Living room with flat screen TV
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Living room
Living room with flat screen TV
Stairs leading up to second floor
Hallway
Stairs
Bedroom 2: 1 double bed, 2 single bed, sleeps 4
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 2
View from landing to family bathroom
Family full bathroom
Downstairs toilet and sink
Entrance door
Kitchen sink
Living room dining table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
london574...
Connellys Springs, North Carolina
“Dont stay here, double charged almost 1 year to get her to refund”
Reviewed February 25, 2016 for a stay in November 2014

we rented it because it looks so good, it was over a store and had to be locked downstairs when we came in. We needed it for a washer and dryer. Washer broke lst time we had to mop lots of water up and we wasted hours did not replace it. mattress's were terrible. not in walking distance we always had to catch a bus. too far out and we didn't like to be walking to it at night. Pictures are deceiving. My credit card was charged 2 times and Doreen, owner didn't want to give it back, took me almost 6 months to get it back from trip advisor and I would never recommend trip advisor I don't know what country the people I was dealing with. Representatives from my credit card had a very difficult time understanding their language and they didn't see there was clearly a problem, when my credit card showed 2 transactions. No way I would ever use FLIP-KEY or TRIP ADVISOR again. I spent over $ l,500. for 6 days and regretted every day staying there.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: nothing
Liked least: everything
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Mar 4, 2016
Hi Iva, It is disappointing to read your review and to see you gave me a ‘one star’ particularly as your main issue is regarding being charged twice which was as a result of Flipkey/Tripadvisor. All payments etc. are collected via trusted Flipkey/Tripadvisor. I had no idea that Flipkey had charged you twice. Looking back on the conversation history, I noticed that you sent me an email at the time of booking, saying that you had put in a booking request twice, this is the reason why Flipkey must have taken two payments. It is unacceptable that it took nearly 6 months or a year (as you stated both in your review) to get a refund. I only received one payment from Flipkey and did not have any conversation with you stating that I did not want to give you a refund, as it was not me that received two payments. It is a shame that his unfortunate experience was taken out on me and my apartmentL. It is also unfortunate that the washing machine did breakdown which these things can happen. I apologized and offered to do a free wash or pay for you to use the laundry which is located downstairs from the apartment which you said “was okay don't worry.” Since Nov 2014 some of the mattresses have been replaced. In the listing the apartment is not stated as being walking distance to Central London. To book a 3 bedroomed apartment in Central London will be almost 3 times as much. The apartment has excellent transport links within 3 minutes’ walk. On departure you stated that you had a great time? So it is a shame that you have changed your view.
Barmaid89
London, United Kingdom
“The stay couldnt have been more pleasant”
Reviewed December 29, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

I have booked this accommodation for my big italian family visiting for my wedding and they couldn't be happier. Doreen was extremely accommodating allowing me to visit the flat before hand and drop some food in the fridge before check in time while my family was arriving from the airport. The flat was spotless and has got all you need. Extremely homely and cosy. It's also extremely well connected. Thank you Doreen

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Candice02...
Melbourne, Australia
“Extremely disappointing to say the least...”
Reviewed August 31, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My family and I booked this property for four nights and ended up only staying one night after arriving and being very disappointed for a number of reasons.

The property has 3 bedrooms instead of 4 as listed.

Our main reason for packing up and finding new accommodation after one night was that there was blood on the sheets in one of the double beds in one room and hair in another bed in another room.

The washing machine did not work which we were only advised of on arrival.

This property is quite far from any of the sights you would want to see when visiting London and it is not easy to locate.

When the owner was notified of the above issues upon our arrival back home, we received an abrupt email denying that any of the above-mentioned incidences were true.

Not the type of response or accommodation experience anyone would ever hope for.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Sep 9, 2015
Oh this is a so unfair review ;-(((. This guest sent me an email after returning home stating she was very disappointed. I replied to her email stating how sorry I was about her disappointment. I did point out that under no circumstances are the same sheets used for different guests as our hygiene and cleanliness of the apartment is our number one aim. I asked her why didn't she mention the blood and hairs on the sheets as a reason before she decided to leave. This would have been taken seriously and investigated. I also stated that although it states 4 bedrooms, the description states that there are three bedrooms and a further double sofa bed in the living room. However I did apologized for the washing machine being out of order and offered a service wash or a reimbursement for any washing done at the laundry which is 1 minutes from the apartment. This guest called us the next day after she arrived and stated that they are leaving because they thought the apartment was in 'Central London'. There was no other reasons mentioned until they returned home and now in their review. This is unfair because those issues could have been dealt with immediately.
We do value our guests and will try to resolve any issues within our means if we are told at the time. As you can see from previous reviews (that 'some' guests have taken the time to leave),they have had a great stay. ;-)))) Regards Doreen.
GaluMicha...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great time at London - great apartment!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

I was looking for accommodation like that for a long time.
Busy day at London and coming back to cozy home.
Apartment on a two levels was great for us - with small kids.
I would recommend it for everyone!!
Thank you once again.

Your age range 35-49
doad321
Florida
“Nice and clean place to stay with family”
Reviewed July 28, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The place was comfortable and nice and clean. The kitchen was well equipped. Clean towels were provided. This is on a busy street so you do hear street noises in the bedroom if you want to sleep in late! The only other thing that I found inconvenient for me was that the washing machine was broken, so we had to use the coin laundry downstairs. I was coming from a week stay in Paris so I had to do the laundry. This apartment is close to tesco express if you like to cook your meal! There's also a small convenience store downstairs. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. The bus and metro station was not too far either.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Michael G
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely place to stay for families”
Reviewed June 30, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

The apartment was initially hard to find as the entrance is not very clear. The apartment itself is amazing though. It was very clean and spacious (especially for 7 people in the one place). We did have an issue with the toilet being blocked on the first day, but we contacted Doreen who promptly organised for it to be fixed. It was all working by the next day (there is a 2nd toilet so were not inconvenienced too much). There are a couple of little shops downstairs to get groceries, also a chicken shop. Not much else to do but the bus stop and train station are not too far so it is very easy to get into Central London. I would definitely recommend this place, Doreen was very welcoming and very accommodating.

Your age range 35-49
Rebeca R
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Family outing to London”
Reviewed September 29, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Ms. Doreen had a lovely flat to be used for a central point when visiting London. The tube station is only 10-15 minutes walk and from there everything is but a tube ride away. There are two small shops and a chicken stand right below that allow for food and all of the necessities whenever you may need. The flat was tastefully arranged, and we had all we needed.

We were a family of 10 traveling for the first time out of the country so this is the only heed. You may want to split up the party if you tend to get into small rifts as there is no escaping anyone!!

Lovely time, and great location to come back to after all of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Convinience
Liked least: The walk after a 15 hour day :-)
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing