Review Highlights
Really fun and useful tips.

Reviewed 3 days ago

from $26.10
from $120.00
from $154.90
More Info
All reviews great teacher french pastry class lemon drizzle step by step macaroons a lot of fun fantastic evening small group classes skills techniques novice ganache session voucher lesson pace
Reviewed 3 days ago

I booked on to a Introduction to Cakes class to brush up on my baking skills and researched various courses in London and was so pleased I came across Bake with Maria. I brought my mum along with me and although she has baked quite a bit she also really enjoyed it. Maria was so welcoming and attentive and needless to say the whole family is also really pleased I did the course as they had lots of delicious treats. Would definitely do it again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked a 3 hour patisserie baking class with Maria as a hen-do activity. It was, in a word, brilliant. The class was held in a large, airy kitchen near Old Street, with access to a lovely walled outside area in which we kicked off the afternoon with drinks and cupcakes (baked by Maria) in the sunshine. We then went on to make macarons, financiers and madeleines, with Maria teaching us the various techniques along the way. All of the ingredients were pre-weighed and the class was very smoothly organised, allowing us all to concentrate on the baking. Maria was a great coach and the class has convinced me (who previously had baked nothing more adventurous than a two-tiered sponge!) to have a go with more advanced recipes at home. The afternoon was great fun and I would definitely recommend Maria's classes! Sadly I don't live in London, but if I did, I would definitely return to Maria for further lessons.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I approached Maria to book my husband & I in for an evening of baking as an anniversary present and it was super fun! We had such a good time baking all the Autumnal treats we love - oatmeal raisin cookies, maple peacan muffins and apple pie with delicious nougat topping. Maria is lovely, made us feel so welcome in her kitchen and was a really good teacher too, picked up lots of little tips and tricks. We really enjoyed this evening and also had such a laugh, would really recommend!!! :)

BakeWithMaria, Owner at Bake with Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I had such a nice evening baking with you guys :) I hope you'll keep baking at home.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was bought a voucher for a baking class with a friend of mine. We both took the morning off work, and absolutely loved it. Maria is a delight - an excellent & patient teacher - but also showed real interest in us too, so the three of us spent a lot of time talking & laughing, while managing to bake at the same time. Most importantly, we cooked good-looking and (according to everyone who tasted them!) delicious brioche & muffins. Maria guided us brilliantly through the intricacies of kneading dough, to carefully instructing us on how to twist our cinnamon roles. I will be making them all again, and I'm already planning on rebooking for another Bake with Maria.

BakeWithMaria, Owner at Bake with Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review Georgia - it was so so nice to meet and bake with the two of you. I couldn't have asked for a better start to my week! Really happy that the baked treats were well received ;)
Hope to bake with you soon again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fantastic evening. Maria is a great coach and a lot of fun. Would highly recommend. She really helps you understand how to bake, but not in a nerdy way!

Thanks so much Joe for your review - it was a lot of fun baking with you and the rest of the gang. I hope everyone enjoyed their treats - especially the 2 star bakers!

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Maria is just superb; fun, energetic, professional and so friendly. You are made most welcome and relaxed immediately in her kitchen. I was on the Cake and Pastry course and we made just the best Orange Chocolate mini-Bundt cakes. The orange is presented in such a different way. The Choux Pastry and the eclairs were a delight I should say I am a relative-beginner at Cooking but did not feel out-of-place or intimidated at all even though some good Chefs for Company. So if anyone thinking of a Present for the Guys for Christmas or Birthday, do not hesitate! My class was a present but have since bought more! Maria keeps throwing in great tips throughout and boxes of goodies to take home! Family enjoyed! The 3 hours passed so quickly!

BakeWithMaria, Owner at Bake with Maria, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review Richard, it totally made my day!!
I am so glad that you liked the class, and I look forward to our next classes together

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Maria is an excellent and friendly teacher. I joined a patisserie and petit fours class - where we made macarons, madeleines and financiers. We also learned making ganache and learned generally about meringues. Cooking in her kitchen makes it much more likely that you can recreate at home. Its hands on - but Maria has everything prepared and weighed - proper mise en place - so that you really concentrate on technique and she's so encouraging that I think even someone who has never baked before can turn out professional looking results. A truly excellent class!

BakeWithMaria, Owner at Bake with Maria, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your amazing review! Feedback like this makes me so so happy :) I wish you all the best in your baking adventures.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

I have done a fair number of cooking & baking classes, and this one was my favorite! It was so fun and also so well laid out and planned. Plus you get to take home a ton of baked goods that your family will love. I already signed up for 2 more classes! Loved it!

BakeWithMaria, Owner at Bake with Maria, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Thank you SO much for your wonderful review Stephanie! Makes me super duper happy to hear that you loved the class and that you are coming back :)

Reviewed August 1, 2018

Happen to do a few baking classes in London last month and Baking with Maria certainly topped the list. She is warm, welcoming and her professional expertise is calmly communicated to all the attendees who are busy whisking, creaming and piping out the menu for the day. I d highly recommend her classes, speaking from a layman's and from a professionals point of view.

BakeWithMaria, Owner at Bake with Maria, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review Moshe. It was great to meet you and I wish you all the best with your future business adventures.

Stay in touch and Happy Baking!
Maria

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Back again to encourage anyone looking for a great baking experience and treat for themselves, a gift for a loved one or those team building experiences. You will find it at Baking with Maria. I have been to 5 of her classes and this is my third review: The cake and pastry class was fantastic, learning to make eclairs, meringues and the best lemon poppy seed cake (now the family’s favourite) and it was such fun in her lovely baking lab. Either side of that class I did part 1 and 2 of bread baking, previously I had always shyed away from bread baking, but with Maria’s direction and encouragement, I have come to enjoy it. Maria’s teaching, skills and approach is a fine art. I have done quite a few baking classes over the years, none of them has been as good as Maria’s, not just her outstanding teaching methods and great recipes, but her relaxed approach which in turn, puts you at ease. You are given a gift of baking knowledge to take away along with your yummy treats.
It is a great experience and Maria’s two main ingredients of warmth and fun makes it very special.

Thank you Maria.

Cheryl

1  Thank Cheryl H
BakeWithMaria, Manager at Bake with Maria, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you so much Cheryl for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! It makes me so so happy to read it. I look forward to spending a week cooking and baking with you in Tuscany next year. Maria xx