“Brilliant hands-on breadmaking course”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bake with Maria

Bake with Maria
Ranked #14 of 148 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Baking Lab is a baking school in London offering students a wide variety of bread, cake and pastry classes. We run classes in the evenings and on weekends too.
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hands-on breadmaking course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have just done the French Breadmaking course at Bake with Maria. The day was great, well run, extremely friendly and non intimidating. Emmanuel was a really good teacher, letting us work on our own but always there when we needed a helping hand. Since doing the course I've made the baguettes and fougasse again at home, with success, and most importantly with rapt reviews from my family. Overall the course was excellent value for money and I will definitely be returning for another day when I have saved up.

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Pain with no pain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

For our birthdays my wife treated my niece and I to a day of cooking baguette, fougasse and brioche. Our teacher Emmanuel could not have been better. He was amusing, clear, and extremely helpful. Our hands-on lesson was easy to follow but if we ran into difficulty (which I did) Emmanuel was there to help. Not only did we learn to cook bread, we also got an interesting lesson in the chemistry of baking. All this plus a very nice light lunch and plenty of goodies to take home. Whether you are a bread baking virgin or someone who wishes to hone their skills this is the place for you.

Essex
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Bread that's edible!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I did the french bread class and had a great day and brought home 2 baguettes, an olive loaf and a chocolate brioche - and were fantastic. None of my previous attempts at bread making at home had been edible. this course has given me the confidence to try again.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Amazing Croissants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have always wanted to learn how to make croissants and this class did not disappoint. Not only did we learn how to make croissants but using the same dough, we also made Pain au Chocolat, pain au raisin, danish apple braid and triangle twists. By the end of the class, we had lots to take home.

Pino taught us in a way that made it easy to understand and he was friendly and always willing to help.

This was my second class with "Bake with Maria" and Pino. Again, I had lots of fun and would definitely do another class. Now, I just to test my croissant making skills at home.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Informative and interesting. A great introduction to making your own bread. Several types are made during class