“French bread baking class”
Review of Bake with Maria

Bake with Maria
Ranked #13 of 187 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bake with Maria is run by pastry chef and baker Maria Mayerhofer. Maria teaches a wide variety of baking classes in West Hampstead and Hampstead. We also do private and corporate classes across London.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I enjoyed a great day yesterday learning to bake 3 different French breads. Maria and her helpers are so knowledgeable and encouraging. The group was very friendly and I came home with a bag of delicious bread, which I could hardly wait to try.We were also given the recipes and lots of helpful information about ingredients and equipment - can't wait to try out my new skills!

Jan

in 19 reviews
"techniques"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I did the French Patisserie course with Marianne, I've now perfected my Chou buns which I am most grateful for! Lovely group of students and love the Maria tote bag given out at the end.
Might try a bread course soon!

1  Thank Aimee234
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and i attended Maria's New York City class at Haven's Kitchen. What a great day! Maria is so friendly and knowledgeable. The class was so well organized. We managed to bake 4 different breads and fit in an amazing lunch and glass of wine. We hope Maria come back to NYC soon! We may have to fit in a London trip in the meantime...

1  Thank Danny H
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Signed up for a bread making class that Bake with Maria did in New York City. It was great! I've always made a terrible mess when I tried to bake bread, but this class finally taught me where I'd been going wrong (way, way too much flour). We learned to make a simple, rustic loaf, bagels, Irish soda bread and pizzas.
Everyone was very friendly and by the time we sat down to enjoy the pizzas we had made (with wine) everyone in the class felt like old friends.
I hope Bake with Maria will make these New York classes an annual tradition!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Bread-making has been an increasing interest for me so when this one-day tutorial was arranged as a birthday gift, I was keen for the day to arrive. It is a bit of a trek from Suffolk to London but every mile was worth it.

From start to finish, it was a great day. There were seven of us all told - from very different backgrounds and occupations. To bake our own bread was one thing we did have in common however, and the day gave us all more and more to talk about.

Emmanuel's teaching style was quiet, un-hurried and he was evidently keen to share his knowledge and passion for the art. I suppose the acid test however, is whether our new-found skills have been used since the day! Well, speaking for me, oh yes :-) Twice now - and the results have gone down a treat.

So thank you, Emmanuel... It was a day seriously enjoyed :-)