“GOOD STAY BUT A STRANGE CHARGING POLICY”

Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living
Ranked #239 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“GOOD STAY BUT A STRANGE CHARGING POLICY”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed for 9 nights in a one bedroom apartment.

This is a modern, sophisticated and very well appointed property.

The apartment is well equipped with a kitchenette which has a refrigerator/freezer, a stove, a modern combined oven/microwave of a high quality and a good washer/dryer also of a high quality but no dishwasher. I suspect that some apartments come with a dishwasher as there are instructions for a dishwasher included in the booklet for instructions.

The bathroom is very spacious and well appointed with a bath as well as 2 different sets of showers (including a very nice rain shower).

The bedroom is very comfortable.

In all, I was very impressed with the fittings in the apartment which were generally modern and of a high quality.

The service is also very good. In particular, as I was spending a lot of time in the room with my daughter (she was revising for her final exams and I was working), housekeeping was very flexible and came to clean the room when we told them to. A supervisor also called in after the cleaning to check that everything was to our satisfaction.

Our room rate included a full breakfast and this meant we had a choice of juice (there was a wide range to choose from), a hot beverage, cereal and yoghurt, toast and croissants as well as a hot dish of which there was a very good selectionof about 8 different choices ranging from a full English breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, mushroom, tomato, black pudding, hash brown and baked beans), toasted bagel and smoked salmon, eggs benedict and bacon etc. Breakfast was served until 11 am every day and service was very friendly.

However, when I checked out, I experienced something very strange - as our room rate included breakfast, we were not charged for the price of the breakfast itself (GBP30 per person) but very peculiarly, we were charged the service charge of GBP7.50 per day on the breakfasts which we had. I have to say that I was quite surprised by this because in other hotels I have stayed at, if breakfast is included in the room rate, one is not charged at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bourgogneboy
GrosvenorHouseApts, Guest Relations Executive at Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Bourgogneboy,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent experience at Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living. Your feedback is very important to us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the furnishing of our apartments. I was disappointed that you were not made aware of the dishwasher in your apartment, as all of our apartments are equipped with one. In regards to service charges; they are automatically added to all food & beverage bills, however all service charges are discretionary and it is at the discretion of our guests if they wish to retain it on their final invoice, or to have it removed. Once again my apologies if this was not made clear to your upon your departure.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to Grosvenor House Apartment in the near future.

Guest Relations Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Normally I am not one to write a review on a hotel. Not because I don't want to but rather because I have a limited amount of time that I balance between a heavy work load and my family.

Recently I had an opportunity to stay at the Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah. It was hands down the best hotel experience I had in London. It offered a private retreat unlike any other. After a long day of business meetings, dinners, and pressure from the day, disconnecting in the privacy and beautiful comforts of the hotel was absolutely refreshing.

Location, exceptional. Nothing like a stroll or run through the park directly across the street.

And the staff? Simply the best! Thanks for the extra special Macaroons that you know I can live without!

Douglas Caraballo
CEO
Northend Energy Ltd

Room Tip: Try to get a park view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas C
GrosvenorHouseApts, Guest Relations Executive at Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Mr Caraballo,

I was so pleased to read that your stay with us was comfortable and that we managed to create a home away from home for you, after your busy schedule. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared amongst all our colleagues.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing the Grosvenor House Apartments for your stay in London. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

London
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's simply tough knowing where / how to start appraising Jumeirah, but I will keep it simple. Starting with the effortlessness with the booking procedure, as naturally, one has loads of questions especially bothering of security as well as the need for justification when consideration is zeroed on the fact that staying here isn't cheap. But damn it, who told you good things / facilities in life are el - cheapo anyway...

The reception staff are simply the stuff you do not find commonly! All that had to do with the discharge of their duties were as highly professional as friendly. They are simply a gem to these establishment, and I hope adequate recognition is given to them as deserved.

The level of neatness of the apartment is 'sickenly' out of this world. Not a strand of item is out of place, and by the way, other hotels need to borrow management styles and principles from Jumeirah. They will be blessed they did. The food if delicious. The conveniences are a marvel. I am still trying to fault anything at all, but just no luck.

And how can I forget, Arseli. I wIll never be able to thank you enough. This is a lady that makes sure nothing goes wrong. Thanks sp much for making the week in the apartment a great one.

I will always greatly recommend Jumeiral on ParLane, London. This is one place where living life away from the comfort of your home is guaranteed . BUT BE WARNED, GOOD THINGS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CHEAP.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Segun A
GrosvenorHouseApts, Guest Relations Executive at Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Segun A,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent experience at Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living. Your feedback if very important to us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that our Front Office and Housekeeping teams made you feel at home. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared amongst all the colleagues. I will also make sure that Arseli is recognised for her efforts.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing Grosvenor House apartments for your stay in London. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A Place for Family traveller. You CANNOT have any good place then this. Be it Staff, food, Room, Service, Concierge..you name it..Stayed for 9 days and all we can say is that when we were leaving it was like leaving ones home. Perfect Location ..right next to Oxford Street, Marble Arch Tube Station, Buckingham Palace, Opposite Hyde Park..a lot to add in its GOOD things. You cannot select any better place to stay when visiting london for a week or more...

Room Tip: Book Hyde Park View Rooms....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Atul_Dubai
GrosvenorHouseApts, Guest Relations Executive at Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Atul_Dubai,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent experience at Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living. Your comments are very important to us.

I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Please be assured that your comments will be shared amongst all the colleagues.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing Grosvenor House Apartments.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel for our first anniversary celebration. Since the moment our ride parked at the door of this hotel we were amazed by the warm welcome greetings we recieved from the concierges who came out to greet us and lead us to the inside of the hotel. The checking in service was so smooth. The receptionist accompanied us to the room. It was a studio with a kitchenett counter equipped withstove , oven/microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster, 2 flar screen TVs, a touch screen monitor with a security cam to watch out the corridor. The bathroom was great with nice amenities. There was a complimenary loaf of bread, milk, water, butter, jam, diffrent kinds of teas and coffee (the tea and coffee was refilled daily). They surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries with (Happy Anniversary )written in chocolate. The hotel has the most friendly hospitable staff we have ever seen. The only down side in our stay was the annoying problem we had with the window blinds which got jammed every day, but the handyman would come in no time whenever we call. The location wad great across the hyde park, marblr arch tube station nearby and there is a mini mart just across the door. Its a place where you feel like home in London

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Dr_Muneera
GrosvenorHouseApts, Guest Relations Executive at Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Dr_Muneera,

Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful feedback on your recent experience at Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living.Your feedback is very important to us.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all the colleagues made you feel at home and welcome. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared amongst all colleagues.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing the Grosvenor House Apartments for a very special anniversary stay.

London, UK
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Beautiful 1 bed and 2 bed and penthouse apartments. I stayed in 2 bed. Really well designed and stunning. Great service. Courtyard residance only restuarant. great for a long stay on park Lane. I was very impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GrosvenorHouseApts, Guest Relations Executive at Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Jefharris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living. Your feedback is very important to us.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the design of our apartments. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared amongst all the colleagues.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days and found the TV not working, it took 50 mins before somebody came !
I was surprised the beds do not get changed on a daily basis ! I had to request twice for my
Room to be cleaned properly very disappointing service. Reception staff were not very friendly
Great location and opposite the park was a bonus.

Room Tip: Do not book an inner atrium facing room very noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 571Janewinters
GrosvenorHouseApts, Guest Relations Executive at Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear 571Janewinters,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at the Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living. Feedback such as yours is crucial to us, in order to continually improve the service we provide.

I was dismayed to read that we fell short in our service delivery, as this is not indicative of our usual standards. As part of our environmental awareness programme we change all bed linens every second day, however upon request we are more than happy to tailor this to our guests personal preferences. Please be assured that these issues were addressed with both our Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager and I apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Should you wish to discuss this any further, please feel free to contact me personally. I hope we will be able to welcome you back and give you the stay experience to meet your expectations.