“Great party venue and lovely staff”
Review of Powder Keg

Powder Keg
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #2,123 of 27,113 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fun and quirky bar, beautiful cocktails, fine wines and beer. Kitchen residency from Joe Public Pizza, Californian style, sourdough bases and the freshest of toppings. Served by the slice or huge 20" Pies. DJ's every Friday and Saturday until 2am!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I attended Powderkeg for my friends 40th. Had a superb night in a great atmosphere. I left my scarf there by accident and the staff could not have been more helpful in ensuring it was returned to me. As I am not local they kindly agreed to send it. I will be returning when in the area again!

Date of visit: January 2020
ClaphamLeisure, General Manager at Powder Keg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Amy, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! It's important to us that our guests are looked after properly so I'm glad you has such a good experience. Do come and see us again when you're next in the area! x

Write a reviewReviews (299)

Reviewed December 3, 2019 via mobile

Had such a fun night celebrating my friends birthday. Staff couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating and the food was delicious. The venue is super cool, thank you for making it so special!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 15, 2019

This used to be amazing. When it was the original Powder Keg. Now it’s been taken over, diluted, changed, it doesn’t know what it is, but it’s still pretending it was as good as it used to be.
If you live round the corner sure go in for a drink but DO NOT make a special effort based on the website/reviews of old.
The “ cocktails “ are dreadful and service terrible, There’s zero consistency four dirty martinis all tasted different, and not good! The same with the cosmopolitans and the server looked aghast when we asked for four drinks.
The lights were too bright, music awful, atmosphere rubbish, service crap, drinks crap. So so disappointing as this place used to be absolutely spot on perfect. Someone has totally fked this gem up.
The photo I posted was of the same cocktail which look totally different!

Date of visit: November 2019
ClaphamLeisure, Manager at Powder Keg, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We take all customer feedback seriously and it's really sad for us to read this.

We've been on a journey since takeover and although still sporting part of the old name, we are intentionally not the same concept as the former Powderkeg Diplomacy. There are still more changes in the pipeline so do watch this space as we are only part way!

In regards to service and atmosphere I will be personally investigating and addressing this as we generally pride ourselves on our friendly, attentive service and welcoming atmosphere.

Please always feel comfortable to bring your concerns up with us on the evening as we really appreciate all constructive feedback and would have loved the chance to talk things through with you in person.

If you'd like to discuss further please do get in touch at freya@claphamleisure.co.uk.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments.

Freya

Reviewed October 5, 2019

Very long wait for pizza and when we got it it was extremely burnt so we sent it back. When I paid I asked if the pizza had been taken off, to which he said yes, only to find out it hadn’t been. Cocktails were good and the place had a nice atmosphere but staff are disorganised. A little disappointed seeing as we’ve been wanting to try this place for a while.

Date of visit: October 2019
ClaphamLeisure, Manager at Powder Keg, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2019

Hi Bumpkin09,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and letting us know about your experience.

We're really disappointed that you were underwhelmed with your pizza - we have put a lot of effort into our new pizza menu and I'm genuinely really sorry yours didn't reflect our usual standard.

Great news that the atmosphere and cocktails did us proud, but we'd love you to come back and have another pizza with us so we can show you how we really do it - we really don't think you'll be disappointed!

Please do get in touch with us so we can discuss further and book you in for another evening in true Powderkeg fashion.

All the best and hope to hear from you soon,

The Powderkeg Team

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

We spent one July Saturday night here. We got recommendation from our airbnb host. They serve the best burger ever. The drinks are nice and definitely not cheated. We enjoyed our night and even got used to the DJ:)

Date of visit: June 2019