This is the second premier inn I've stayed at in London and in both cases the standard was higher than I expected from the brand.
This one is clean, with spacious rooms and very friendly staff. It's a fairly quiet location as well, so no street noise intrudes. There's very little to criticise, perhaps the towels were a bit threadbare, there was nowhere to put my toothbrush and no safe, but these are really nitpicking. Personally I don't like the fact that the windows are fixed shut, but that's just me. Breakfast was excellent and the dining room well laid out.
I don't think the location is great from the point of view of local amenities and attractions, but I suppose it depends why you are there. This area always feels a bit seedy to me.
I only marked it down from the top rating because it still seems expensive for the rather utilitarian furnishings, lack of a safe and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a newly refurbished 251 Room Premier Inn with 200 seat Thyme Bar & Restaurant. The hotel offers en-suite, air conditioned rooms. We also have a number of interconnecting rooms as well as Universally Accessible rooms. We are 2 minutes walk from Old Street tube station (Exit 1) Turn left and walk down the road and the entrance is on the third left on Silicon Way opposite iQ Shoreditch Student Accomodaton. If you are arriving early we will do our best to check you in before the 2pm check in time, if not we can safely secure baggage for a small donation to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel London
- Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel England