“Clean budget hotel”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #182 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything is ok in the hotel. Slept very good at eleventh floor. Always hot water in the shower.
However, the hotel is quite dull and it is a bit difficult to get to Oxford circus with the underground.
Though, I would recommend the hotel if you are on a budget and want to stay in City/Shoreditch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PiOldstreet, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for selecting Premier Inn London City (Old Street) for your recent visit to London.

I am pleased to know that you had a good night sleep in our room located in the eleventh floor, and that the hot water in the shower was always present. Although I am a bit disappointed to know that you had some difficulty travelling to Oxford Circus, but just for your information; Bus 55 from Old Street Roundabout takes you to Oxford Circus in 35 minutes. (I am not sure whether you were aware about this.)

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel to others, and we hope that you continue to use Premier Inn for future stays.

Bhupesh Rawat

Write a ReviewReviews (2,734)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Easy to reach from London Stansted airport and well located to explore London at any time. Surprisingly quiet despite location in the busy area. Very friendly and professional staff during the complete stay. Tidy rooms cleaned every day. Was perfect choice for a weekend family stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rafal,
Thank you for selecting Premier Inn London City (Old Street) for your recent visit to London.

It is nice to know that it was convenient for you to reach our hotel from London Stanstead airport, and that you found our hotel well located to explore London at any time. I am delighted to know that you found our staff friendly and professional during your stay, and that the room was clean and tidy.

Rafal, thank you once again for taking the time to leave us a positive comment, and I hope that you would use Premier Inn again for your next weekend family holiday.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business at the start of June 2013. I was just needing someplace to sleep overnight that was reasonably close to Kings Cross. My expectations weren't that high, but I have to say that Premier Inn more than delivered everything I could have hoped for. The check-in's automated (so no hanging about waiting on indecisive people that can't decide whether they want breakfast!), and the staff were also attentive, friendly and helpful whenever you needed them. Same again at breakfast (which I quickly decided I did want!) - it's self-service, but good quality brand items (Heinz, Kellogg's, etc.). One nice touch is the free 30-mins wi-fi feature that Premier Inn offer. Most other hotels try to stitch you for an exorbitant wi-fi charge when all you need is to download a few emails, so Premier Inn's approach feels like a reasonable compromise.

The location's fine - very close to Old Street station on the Northern Line, and only one stop from Kings Cross for the Circle, Piccadilly, etc. There's enough shops, cafes and restaurants around too, so definitely one to consider if you're staying around this part of town and need something basic but good quality.

I'll be staying at the hotel again later this week, so that probably tells you all you need to know about what I think of it!

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces onto a main road, whereas the other side faces a side street. Soundproof...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ellislea

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you selecting Premier Inn London City (Old Street) for your business visit to London.

I am pleased to know that our hotel was able to meet your expectations. It is good to know that our automated check-in machine helped in saving some time for you, and that you found our staff attentive, friendly and helpful. I am also happy to know that you found our breakfast and free 30 minutes Wi-Fi Internet as good and useful, and that the location being close to Old Street Station was suited for your purpose.

Thank you once again for giving us your time to send us your feedback about us, and even more thank you for selecting our hotel once again for your stay later this week. See you soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for the second time in 2013 with the kids as I was so pleased with first visit. The place is easy to find and on the weekends you can often find free street parking nearby. The old street tube station is across the road.

The premier is of course typical layout of all premier inns but the staff were really friendly to our children and also the bar staff. Had a great weekend deal as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for selecting Premier Inn London City (Old Street) once again for your trip to London.

I am pleased to know that you were able to conveniently park your car during your stay here. I can understand how much this helps, especially when you are with the kids. I am really glad to know to that your children found our staff friendly, and that overall you had a good experience at our hotel.

Thank you once again for your positive comments, and we hope that you continue to use premier inn for your future stays.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Last minuet plans for a family trip to London over a bank holiday weekend threw us into a panic. Everywhere was either booked up or too expensive. Plans were in disarray until we stumbled upon The Premier Inn London City - Old Street. What a find!

Staff - efficient, helpful and welcoming.
Secure boot room - we left our bags her when we arrived and on the day we left. Fantastic free service which made our trip so much easier.
Clean, well furnished room with tea and coffee making facilities; the usual standard which makes Premier Inn such great value. The fold away bed provided so that the kids could share the room was comfortable.
Fantastic breakfast...hash browns were sometimes a little slow.
Great bar. We were happily surprised by the competitive price of drinks and ended up eating in the restaurant with London based friends who met us at the hotel.
Excellent restaurant area which is a bonus when traveling with kids who were shattered from exciting days out in London.
Great position 2 mins from Old Street Tube and with easy tube access to Kinds Cross station for those traveling in from the north.

Fantastic value and an excellent base for what was an unforgettable family trip to London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PiOldstreet, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for selecting Premier Inn London City (Old Street) during the recent bank holiday weekend.

I am really pleased to know that you found our staff helpful, and that you found our rooms clean and well furnished. It was also nice to know that we met your expectations in regards to our restaurant and bar offering, and our location and luggage room was convenient and useful for you.

Overall, I am really delighted to know that you and your family had a fantastic and memorable stay with us.

Thank you so much once again for recommending our hotel to others. It is the positive comments from our guests that inspires our team to deliver a great guest experience, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

By booking ahead we got very good value. The staff were exceptionally helpful - they even kept a dessert for us to eat late in the evening as we didn't have time to finish the meal. It's within a few minutes of the underground which will get you around London quickly. Maybe the only downside is the shortage of parking - but what else can you expect in the City!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for selecting Premier Inn London City (Old Street) for your recent stay.

I am really glad to know that you were able to find a good deal for your stay here. It is really pleasing to know that you found our staff helpful, and that the nearby Old Street Underground was very convenient for you. Thank you for understanding regarding the shortage of car parking facility, from the hotel. (However, there are a couple of nearby car parks within 5-10 minutes walking distance, which provides parking spaces on a reasonable pay-as-you-go basis.)

Thank you once again for giving us such a positive comments, and we hope that you continue to use Premier Inn for future stays.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here on the 24th of May whilst visiting the Chelsea Flower Show. This was the first time that I have stayed in a Premier Inn, and was very much impressed. The staff were very friendly on reception and our room was of a high quality. There wasn't a bad thing to say at all about it.
My son lives in London and I visit about once a month, staying in various hotels depending on price. I have stayed in 5* accommodation, Hilton hotels, Jury's Inn, Independent hotels etc, etc. And I hate to say this but I wasn't expecting very much, this hotel being a Premier Inn.
How wrong I was. The room was large and very clean. The bedding was spotless and the bathroom was also lovely. I was very, very impressed with this hotel and will definitely stay here again (price permitting) on my next visits. Location is good for the tube station, although the nights were light and I was traveling on this occasion with my husband. Under different circumstances I might find the journey from the tube station (underground tunnel) a little daunting and frightening if I am on my own late at night.
Did find the two choices of pillows a little flat and woke up with a headache, but am sure if I'd have rang room service this would have been rectified and so will blame myself for that one. All in all a really nice hotel/stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a positive feedback regarding your stay at Premier Inn London City (Old Street).

I am delighted to know that you were impressed with your stay at our hotel, and that we met your expectations. It was really nice to know that you had a good experience with our reception staff on arrival and that you found our room adequately sized and clean.

In regards to price, please do check ‘PremierInn.com’ as we do run ‘Premier Saver’ offers periodically which offer some of the best room deals you will find in London. (You will get the best prices the earlier you book.)

I would like to thank you once again for selecting Premier Inn for your stay, and we hope to see you soon.