“A great place”

SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower
Ranked #95 of 930 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stay at these apartments quite often and I have always been impressed with them. The apartments do vary in size but are always clean and well maintained. I have always found the staff helpful and courteous - any problems have been dealt with promptly. I think you have to appreciate that these are apartments and not a hotel. OK so they are not cleaned everyday but they provide cleaning materials etc so that you can keep the place tidy. The facilities are also excellent meaning it is possible to cook meals and as has been noted, there is a Tesco very close to buy supplies. Hard to find the first time but only a 10 minute walk from Canary Wharf and 3 minutes from the South Quay DLR stop. I would be happy to admit that I love staying here - it is nicer than my house!!!!! The view is amazing from the higher floors if you are lucky to be pointing in the right direction and I have never felt overlooked by any of the local buildings. Sorry this review is so rambling but I do want to convey that this is a great place to stay if you are away from home if you don't want a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ros184
Joanna L, Manager at SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Ros,

Thank you for your positive comments! It's great to see that you've enjoyed your numerous SACO experiences - hopefully there are many future visits to follow. I hope that we will get the chance to welcome you in Canary Wharf again so I can personally make sure that it is another great stay.

Best wishes,

Joanna Lipska
Apartment Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just south of Canary Warf...only a 10 minute walk really. Well fitted and comfortable self catering apartment. Everything you need is included. Floor to ceiling windows for a great view...and a supermarket close by too

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at Saco Canary Wharf a number of times and last time have lived there for more than a year.

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend this place: apartments are equipped the way you won't need a thing while staying there (including food for first time, washing/dishwasher tablets, towels, bedding, TV in every room, DVD, CD, fully equipped kitchen, safe for keeping valuables etc), parking.

The building itself is new so everything is in perfect condition. No issues with heating or water.

The location of the place is very convenient: minutes to DLR or underground, local shop is just across the road, some good restaurants are near.

Service is excellent, cleaning is done once a week, staff is very polite, friendly and helpful. All my queries have always resolved same or next day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is one of the worst places I hve ever stayed in my entire life. The hot water which was promised to be fixed was never fixed at all! Imagine bathing in the cold! Things get stolen and the management claims there is nothing they can do about it! There is no management response over the weekend because they are off (what kind of excuse is that?) the wifi breaks often and is inconsistent and slow! Please do not waste your time and money staying in this god foresaken apartment ! All they do is to cheat money and give you a bad experience!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank geoz88
samghosh, General Manager at SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with SACO and for your constructive comments. We really appreciate and value all forms of feedback and I am really sorry to hear that we did not come up to your expectations.

We had a rare disruption in hot water supply that affected the whole development for about 4 hours and our contractors worked hard towards restoring the supplies as quickly as they can. This meant that all our guests were inconvenienced.

SACO has provided every apartment with a safe, and all guests are advised to store valuables there at all times. The matter is still under investigation by Metropolitan Police, however given the time it took for the incident to be reported to us and evidence that your apartment doors were found to be left wedged open several times during your stay, the police has a challenging job in hand. You have been provided with a crime reference number and a number to call for any further updates.
I can assure you that SACO are fully co-operating with the authorities and we will update you if there are any developments.

The broadband package we offer to our guests complimentary of charge has limited bandwidth and hence the option for a faster package at a supplementary price.

Once again I truly value your feedback and comments and hope to welcome you back to SACO @ Trinity Tower in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you have any further questions.”

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was unsure what I booked, I just needed a one bed with a bit of space and a kitchen, well I have to say I got it in Saco Trinity Tower. I found the place a little hard to find, but I did get to it (maybe get a lamp post sign). The check in process took seconds and I arrived at an apartment that was very clean, all the mini items present as promised, pots and pans, plates, towels. I actually cooked dinner for some friends and everything was available even the shop was close by. The Free Wifi was plenty adequate, no issues with the hot water. The apartment was everything and more. Location was great – using the DLR to the city was easy too.
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend them – they really have a great space in a great location.

Room Tip: Like other tips I was only on the 4th floor with no view (it never mattered) - so maybe request high...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

These apartments are very functional, however, the location is not ideal and they should be cleaned more often. The apartments are located in a high density residential area so there is alot of noise, the area is dirty and neighbours are able to look directly into your apartment.
The apartments are supposed to be cleaned once a week, but by the 7th day no one had been to clean the apartment.
There is no airconditioning in the rooms so during the summer the rooms become a furnace with just a small fan to circulate hot air in the apartment.
I wouldn't recommend these apartments at all and we won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: In the hot season remember to keep the blinds closed, there is no airconditioning so the room become...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
samghosh, General Manager at SACO Canary Wharf - Trinity Tower, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your constructive comments.
All our apartments are indeed cleaned on a weekly basis, however if the 7th day falls on a weekend, we tend to re-schedule the clean on the Monday following, This has been done further to feedbacks from our previous guests who preferred not to be disturbed over the weekend.
The Tower block is part of a new built development , and are fitted with double glazing to shut out any noise. They are also fitted with black-out Blinds in the bedrooms and Venetian in other areas to ensure complete privacy for our guests.
Apart from having a central ventilation system, we do provide all our guests with fans for their comfort.
We really appreciate and value all forms of feedback. There is a 24 hour reception team on site who would have been more than happy to have helped you resolve any issues, had this been brought to our attention during the time of your stay.
Once again, on behalf of SACO, please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had and we hope to welcome you back to SACO @ Trinity Tower in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you have any further questions.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for close to 2 months

Positives:
a. Very functional - all basic appliances are there in the apartment
b. Weekely cleaning provided by SACO
c. One of the main reason choosing this apartment amongst various options available within vicinity is the in apartment safe for your valuables
d. Very near to DLR / Tube station
e. Perfect if your office is in CW or even near bank station (DLR)
f. Nice clean apartment
g. Tesco is hardly 50 mts from building
h. They have a reception on ground floor which is generally manned

What I did not like:
a. The cleaning staff doesn't clear the trash bin
b. The bed is very soft and for couple of days I had discomfort with my neck
c. CW is away from main London city
d. No pool / fitness center

Room Tip: Definitely take a highher floor. Some apartments have balcony....always better if you could get one...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo