“Loved the Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 1,063 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Loved the Hotel”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Let me start with saying i LOVE Thompson hotels and the Belgraves was no exception. Wonderful ambiance, the entire staff was very nice and helpful, room service is typically quick, fun bar/lounge upstairs... food was delicious weather it was room service or in their restaurant.

Everyone greets you hello and is quick to ask if you need anything. It's a little bit of a walk to the tube (closest is Knightsbridge) but it's in a great location, pubs around, lots of great (expensive!) shopping. Loved the electronic blinds and they do a wonderful turndown service.

Would stay again and they definitely add that nice personal touch during your stay. Would definitely return.

Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear TheSupervixen,
Thank you very much for your great review! We are thrilled you had a great time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
England
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Having stayed at hotels around the world, I'm often surprised by the lack of interest that many hotel staff show in their customers and in their profession. No such problem at Belgraves, the team from the front desk, restaurant, bar and events team were amazing - great personalities, top of their game.
The hotel was comfortable, well set and felt like home.
I was there for a meeting and we couldn't have asked for more from the events team. Thanks to everyone for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear larksie,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We at Belgraves pride ourselves on creating a 'home away from home' environment for our guests. I'm do please to hear we have succeeded with you! We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 10, 2013

4 point review:
-You cant beat the location, right in the center of town a short cab ride from victoria and a short walk to Hyde Park.
-The rooms are small (even by city standards) and I was quite surprised by how low the ceiling is! The bed is comfy and there is really nothing else of note in the room. No tea/coffee maker
-The service levels are good, I do think they did get stuck in between trying to seem very young & funky and at the same time keeping up traditional standards of service. Dont think they have got their act together yet
- One annoying bit, everytime I ordered room service the would commit for 20 minute delivery time (which is very fast) but would end up delivering in 30-40 minutes which is normal. Why make the promise if you consistently fail?

Dear IshtiJaved,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm very sorry that we fell short of your expectations and we will genuinely take on the gracious feedback. I do hope we will see you again in the future. Feel free to contact me directly to oversee any future reservations.
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at Belgraves for one solid week in April for an event. I also booked some friends there at the same time for greater convenience. They gave me a great room with a view, the service was excellent. It's got a buzzy hotel lobby with switched-on staff. While they showed me no price flexibility, they really delivered the goods and I would be happy to go back. Unbeatable location, minutes from Sloane street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Philip E,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Croft, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stunning location...just behind eaton sq not far to harrods....elegant boutique type of place...trendy...porters wear ranch hand type of clothes...nice staff at reception.....room very nice but dark...down lighters had been blanked over making it impossible to get made up etc....window blind wouldn't stay up which didn't help light situation...shower door made terrible cracking noise...very alarming...no tea/coffee facilities ...no water provided after first night...room not turned down on second night and not even made on day three...window would not shut...keeping you awake at night...wifi £15/25 per day...please we are in 21 st century....bar shut sat night for private function...the only bar....no breakfast included..grand total £1454 for a bed....how can they justify that...on complaining there was no one who could or would take responsibility for the appalling situation we had endured.......

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Trish R
Dear Trish R,
Thank you for taking the time "off line" to communicate with me. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Belgraves last week for work and thoroughly enjoyed my stay based mainly on the service provided by the staff. Upon check-in, I was provided with a thorough description of the hotel's amenities and benefits in a way that encouraged me to feel very welcome. I even received a follow up phone call about 30 minutes after check-in to confirm that everything in my room was to my liking. Throughout my stay, I was greeted by my last name and asked about how my day was going or if I needed any additional assistance.

The room itself had all of the little touches that you would expect at a great hotel, including an fine REN toiletries, high threat count towels and bedding. The wifi and in-room technology (tv, stereo, lighting) worked consistently without fail and was clearly designed with the user in mind. The only drawback to my room is that the view was directly next to other windows in the hotel and adjacent buildings, so I never felt comfortable leaving the window open due to lack of privacy. However, other rooms did appear to have superior views and even a bit more space though even my room never felt crampt since it seemed to be very well and efficiently appointed.

I enjoyed the service at the bar, and my colleagues told me the restaurant and room service often exceeded expectations in terms of speed as well as the quality of the food and beverages provided. I only wish that I had time to take advantage of other amenties, including the fitness center or the outdoor patio, but came back from work later than they were open or sensible for me to use.

Though this place is much more tolerable if you have an expense account rather than coming out of pocket, I would recommend if you want a small but welcoming luxury filled experience in a fantastic location.

Dear upgrademe81,
Thank you very much for your sharing your experience! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Surf City USA
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in the Westminster area. Clean, modern & efficient. Comfortable rooms, however, are rather sparsely appointed. Convenient to many embassies, Hyde Park & government offices. Top notch restaurant (reviewed separately). Good breakfast. Great staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear jg3arrow,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.