“Worth the walk and the rain.”

Wahaca Covent Garden
Ranked #323 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The original and still the best! As popular now as the day it opened, Wahaca Covent Garden collides the heat of the Mexican market with all the coolness of London's trendy West End, in an explosion of colour, texture and noise. Enjoy the funky music and lively surroundings in the bar while you wait to be seated.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Arrived in London on a wet Friday evening both of us already decided upon Wahaca's. Nearest was Charlotte Street but we went there last time so we decided to head to Covent Garden. Bit of rain, no problem. By time we got there I was like a drowned rat but we were seated straight away (10.15 pmish) in the busy restaurant and we were well looked after by Lily our server. (i'm usually rubbish with names but my daughter is also Lily so that was easy). She was lovely, friendly and helpful and brought us lots of lovely food which two starving parents who normally eat 5 hours earlier with the kids made short work of. The food seemed spicier than the last time which was good and just right for me, it seemed like they were holding back on my last visit. We had a variety of sharing plates/street food, each as tasty as the last. Would definitley recommend as a well priced, fun place to go, which you don't need to book for and good food and service. We will no doubt return next time we are in London.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The service was very good: prompt and attentive. The food was lovely, very well cooked and prepared. Everything we ordered was fantastic. Great meal.

1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have visited other Wahaca restaurants and loved them and loved this one too. The food is great and reasonably priced. The service was a little slow but it was busy for a Sunday night.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My mouth is salivating at this very moment thinking about the two meals I had here. YUM YUM!

I usually hate mexican food as it is all leftovers, refried catfood, regurgitated pap in a stale cover that fractures as you bite it, and the fillings then cascade over your hands, clothing, and plate. Then there is the mole with is a thick nasty bitter paste that ruins all it touches.
I'd rather stay at home and eat muesli.

so then; this restaurant:
1. fresh food; varying tastes, not cloying or pedestrian
2. noisy noisy noisy
3. stuff still may drip out one end of whatever you lift to your mouth but in this case the flavours are worth it.
4. Tuck napkin under your chin (see #3)

sorry I cant offer you anything more practical. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Very busy and service stretched, food did not have the extra special touch hoped for, obviously simply assembled, lacking in freshness and subtle spice, not hot enough, would benefit from greater supervision, the canteen atmosphere can work where the food is a very standard but on this occasion it was annoying as it was too noisy