“Great atmosphere and plenty of choice”

Wahaca Covent Garden
Ranked #673 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The original and still the best! As popular now as the day it opened, Wahaca Covent Garden collides the heat of the Mexican market with all the coolness of London's trendy West End, in an explosion of colour, texture and noise. Enjoy the funky music and lively surroundings in the bar while you wait to be seated.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is not a conventional restaurant. The eclectic mix of people, spices and good food offers a meal with plenty of choice. The staff are on hand to explain the menu and choices within. The Mexican food is spicy but there are many tastes catered for. There is a variety of drinks on the menu and wine comes in tumblers! Always busy but a effective queuing system works in the bar area. Enjoy the nachos and guacamole while you wait! Simply but brightly decorated interior to the restaurant. I have eaten here many times and never been disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,022)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We've been there last weekend for dinner - the food was delicious. My niece had the chicken burrito and I had some steak tacos. The chicken burrito was a bit spicy, but we loved it. The Margharita was fantastic, but not too strong. We had Chocolate tarte as dessert - I think they put about 3kg Chocolate into one piece!!! If You love this You should try it! Our waiter was attentive and friendly. He had some reccomendations for us, but we decided different. The music was spanish and a bit loud, and the place was busy so it felt a bit noisy. If You're looking for somewhere cosy to be, that's not the place, but for a party it's perfect!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Have been visiting the South Bank for years but never in this direction. Stumbled upon this place last night and it was great. Authentic Mexican cuisine, lovely drinks, great atmosphere. Had to ask for the bill twice which was irritating but overall a fun, tasty place to eat. Will bring the kids next time as I'm sure they'd love it!
Had a fun atmosphere at night.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Ate here with 3 friends on our way to the fireworks on New Years Eve. I must say I was expecting every restaurant to be super full with slow service, but there was room enough for us and speedy service! The food was EXCELLENT, and the hot chocolate and chocolate mousse cake was to die for! Was definitely the best meal choice for ringing in a new 2014!

1  Thank jlhoward9
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I went here with my family and found the food delicious. I had the fish taco which was really tasty and I would recommend the sweet potato which was succulent and tasty. The hibiscus drinks were lovely also. I think the service was really excellent from start to finish with just the 'right amount' of asking if we enjoyed the meal without intrusion. I have never eaten here before but it was a good experience. The chocolate tart was excellent and just melted in your mouth as did the doughnuts and chocolate sauce. It is child friendly and not too expensive. It also has clean facilities.

1  Thank grandma648