“Great food, atmosphere and service”

Wahaca Covent Garden
Ranked #324 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The original and still the best! As popular now as the day it opened, Wahaca Covent Garden collides the heat of the Mexican market with all the coolness of London's trendy West End, in an explosion of colour, texture and noise. Enjoy the funky music and lively surroundings in the bar while you wait to be seated.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My title says it all really, we had about a 30 min wait for a table, but as I say "don't go to an empty restaurant" well worth the wait food which was served swiftly and was delicious , our waiter we couldn't fault he offered us lots of advice on what to choose and also suggested what we could try on our next visit, which we will be doing as soon as we can, well done to all concerned we had a great night out, we only wish we had a wahaca closer to where we live.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited this branch on a recent visit to London.It was a Saturday afternoon and the place was very lively. I had to wait 25 mins for a table but I was glad I did as there seems to be a dearth of reasonable places to eat in that area. The Sonora salad with black bean and corn salsa was fresh and tasty. The citrus fizz with lime, fresh mint and sparkling water was really refreshing after a morning pounding the streets. Had a mexican hot chocolate to finish, delicious. Service was swift and pleasant. The facilities were clean and tidy
I would certainly re visit if in the area again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the fourth Wahaca we have been to. We have been to three others around London. We arrived at about 10.30pm after our odyssey at the Royal Opera House and there was queue!!! It didnt take long to get a table. We stuck to the 'street food' part of the menu as it always the best and cheapest. And as always we always share the plates with my gf to get the best of all worlds. Once again sweet potato taquitos pass with flying colours. The specials were some heavy noodles which we both frowned at although my gf still caned them. I tried peanut butter ice cream for the first time and this wont be the last. We also stole some desert spoons. i dont know if the promotion is still going where if you steal a desert spoon and you bring it back you get a discount....I am more interested now in having a full set!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

It's a busy restaurant specially Friday nights you may need to wait in the que for a while before seated. Good crowd, casual dining with variety of different Mexican street food dishes. Delicious starters; as main I chose spicy grilled chicken was very good.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I always really enjoy my visits to Wahaca. I have been to Mexico and have to say that the food at Wahaca brings back some great memories of the best I have ever tasted. It is fresh, tasty, authentic and varied. The cocktails hit the spot too! Obviously you can't book and we arrived at 9.15pm on a Friday night and it was heaving. But within a minute of arriving we had our buzzer to let us know when our table was ready, drinks and tortilla chips were ordered and the 20 minute wait was no problem at all. The staff are great, the whole place runs really well. Always a fun atmosphere and the prices are really reasonable.

1  Thank Bella426