“Wonderful Tasting Menu”
Review of Thirty Six

Thirty Six
Reserve with OpenTable
Thirty Six is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,667 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: St. James's
Description: In 2012 THIRTY-SIX was awarded three rosettes for culinary excellence. Indeed, Nigel's cuisine is some of the best modern British food you will find in the region. Interestingly, the secret of his excellence is the balance between classical flavours meticulously prepared, and a contemporary flair to produce both stunning presentation and taste.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Tasting Menu”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We meandered down to Thirty Six from Green Park station for a little anniversary treat last week, I had already searched for what seemed the most suitable tasting menu for my wife and I in what seemed the whole of the West End of London, so we were really looking forward to hopefully enjoying the one I'd selected.

We were not disappointed; a seven course tasting menu was promised but when you add in the two times amuse bouches that were offered, this really is a menu that doesn't disappoint. One word of warning, ensure that you're very hungry before taking it on, the portions are not as small as some restaurants present.

A brief synopsis, we had scallops, halibut, duck, goats cheese, dessert (and more) - all beautifully cooked and presented. The waiting staff were friendly and knowledgeable and the dining room refined but inexplicably quiet. If I had one gripe, it would be Chef Mendham's slight overuse of butternut squash and carrot but we found this quite amusing as we tried to determine how it might be delivered in subsequent courses.

By the way, we ventured for the menu with the matching wine at £105 a head - fantastic value with both Champagne and Chablis Premier Cru among those imbibed.

We swayed into the cool London air happily sated and just a bit tipsy.

OK..drunk..

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
Bingley, England, United Kingdom
“Great lunch, would love to go back for an evening meal”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were in a bit of a rush before a wedding and wanted a nice lunch - so pleased we chose this restaurant.

The service was great, the food was delicious and I would definitely recommend.

• Visited November 2013
London
“A Disappointing experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

To start with the restuarant room looks more like the hotel's breakfast room, right down to the place settings abs over thick glass beakers, and although the pictures are suitable, the overall aesthetic is poor and the restaurant has no ambience of sense of its own michelin class. Service was very average, with guests served in the wrong order, an ignorance of the menu and lack of common purpose – however the staff were lovely people and doing their best; they just had not been trained properly to give a professional standard service. The food was only average; we both had pork, and the meat was dry – and some of it had to be left. The wine list is good, however. All in all, given the location and expectation, this was not up to expectations by any means. As this was a special occasion, this was doubly disappointing.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank P A L
Parkland, Florida
“VERY CREATIVE”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Dined solo on a Monday evening. Only one other couple in restaurant, which is located in the subterranean levels of Dukes hotel. With only two tables occupied, the service was excellent. As I write this review, my meal was almost a month ago--yet I still vividly remember the appetizer which was the most innovative goat chhese -beet creation I have ever tasted. Beautiful thin pieces of beet, very fresh & tasty--for once the goat cheese (small mounds lightly toasted) did not overpower the beets. Hats of for creativity!!! My main of Venison was very good, but undercooked. A very nice dining experience. I didn't notice until later that they charged my credit card in $ rather than sterling & made the conversion at a poor rate. They should have asked for my choice.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good food - excellent service”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Booked a table for my boyfriend's birthday as I read so many good reviews about this place. And I wasn't disappointed.

From the moment we stepped into the restaurant until the moment we left, we were amazed by the service delivered by the staff. They were very attentive but not intrusive, knowledgeable and friendly. The food was good with nice little surprises. We ordered quail and scallop for starters. Both were tasty. I've got john dory for main course, which is a bit bland. However, the venison dish my boyfriend had was good. Dessert was good as well, especially the pavlova. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

• Visited August 2013