“Great food, poor staff, poor service”

The New Cross House
Reserve with OpenTable
The New Cross House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,721 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The pub is set in the heart of New Cross equidistant from New Cross & New Cross Gate stations. Our close proximity to Goldsmiths University gives us a vibrant crowd every day of the week. Our garden and stables give us an outside space which is in our opinion the best in the area. If you do visit us be sure to check them out. We have 17 beers & ciders available on draught, 16 in bottles and a fantastic selections of seasonally changing wines, so whatever your taste we'll have something to keep you happy. Our menu is built up around burgers, hotdogs & pizza but we always keep a few healthy option on for those that are calorie counting. Try to leave space for pudding as our dessert calzones and snickers mess are (to quote one very satisfied customer) "better than sex".
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Came here as a group of 6. Throughly enjoyed all food even if it was slow.

Bar staff were slow to clear and hard to get attention of.
Cannot fault food - see pics!!!

Great studenty quirky atmosphere

Reviewed March 30, 2013

If you are around and are hungry, make sure you order a Nutella calzone. it's beyond delicious. The ambiance is also great and it's quite well located, close to the subway station and lots of buses.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a great and beautiful pub with nice atmosphere and food! Nice warm ambiance with seats to enjoy food (I really checked out the chicken which is delicious). A must place for any Goldsmiths University of London student or passer by

1  Thank 745Traveller745
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a great local pub with a good atmosphere and food. I brought my mum to try the Sunday Roast as I had gone on and on about how great it was...and I wasn't let down. Both the chicken and beef are amazing! Other dishes such as the fish and chips and Macaroni cheese with bacon are great too.
I don't like to be negative but I feel I should mention that the only thing that lets the pub down is that sometimes the table service isn't always good (although most staff are normally friendly). You can't order food at the bar and so I find I often have to wait a long time to order my food or receive and pay the bill.
But...on a whole, I always enjoy my visit and look forward to the next!

1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I had lunch new were in a rush and were assured that would not be a problem. The place is huge and airy and has a traditional pub feel about it. Service was quick and friendly. Food was tasty as was the wine. The portion was huge and do, regrettably, I didn't finish mine.

2  Thank Hill_Resident_SE14