“Awful experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Siaim - CLOSED

Siaim
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Awful experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to Siaim restaurant with my mum on a Livingsocial deal which clearly stated the choice of a sirloin steak or lobster linguine.

My mum and I decided before attending we would opt for the lobster linguine as the deal (and picture) stated a half lobster and linguine each which seemed extremely appealing for the deal price of £17 for 2.

However, upon arriving at the venue we were promptly told there was no lobster available so we would have to choose an alternative main from the menu instead.

However looking at the alternatives they weren’t anywhere near the quality/price.

As we had travelled all the way into London to redeem this deal we had little option but to accept the restaurant’s offer but it left a bitter taste in our mouth the whole evening especially as there was a table of 4 next to us and the waitress was very friendly towards them but we weren’t asked at all through our meal how it was or whether we wanted anything else.

I will NOT be returning to this establishment as there was no apology and even when we said goodbye the waitress ignored us.

Do not attend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Christopher M

London, United Kingdom
“disgraceful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

i booked a table on the 13.3.2013 via there link on there website for my birthday on the 20.3.2013, i recieved an emailed confirmation saying my table was booked....HOWEVER.
i rang the restaurant on my birthday to confirm my table and was told the venue had a private booking and there were no resovations...when my partner called up later and asked to speak with a manager a man come on the phone claiming to be the manager which he was defo not!! he was spoken to rudley and called an idiot and hung up on, they told him there was no table booked which was a lie. to be honest i feel highly insulted and could no belive they dealt with us in that way, that is not what you call customer service, it was my birthday and they had nothing to say, the ruined it for me and i was very upset, i would not recomend this place and if you do happen to go make sure you call up and book over the phone before you turn up and they refuse your booking!!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank elena t
London
“Grouponville”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Like many others before, we visited this restaurant with a groupon deal which was steak or lobster pasta meal for 2 for £17. The photo accompanying the voucher featured an inviting lobster tail and king prawns on a plate of pasta, but in reality you had to have a magnifying glass and a bit of luck to find lobster on the dish. The problem is that practically every table had some voucher or other with a similar offer and most opted for the lobster pasta and as a result it was pretty much mass catering and hit or miss whether your dish was good or indifferent depending on the particular batch. I must say that my pasta dish was good with two tiny morsels of lobster but my wife's was dry as were my groupon neighbours on either side.
The voucher declared that the value of the meal was £36 and 12.5% service was added based on this amount plus any wine ordered. I definitely wouldn't pay this full amount for the mass catering experience and at £17 for 2 plates of what is basically seafood pasta it's just about right at any restaurant.
So if you enjoy the thought of getting a great virtual discount then go for the groupon deal and take your chances, you might be lucky and get a whole lobster tail to yourself. A for me I'd stick to good fresh seafood pasta at my local Italian.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank tango-alpha
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to come for coffee, snack or a full meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been a regular at Siaim ever since I moved to Finchley 2 years ago. It is a great reliable place which I visit regularly with friends and family and which I recommend to others without hesitation.

The daytime menu has a great choice from breakfasts, omelettes and salads to more substantial meat & rice dishes and pasta. The 'kebab' with rice is particularly recommended, as is the house salad. In the evening there are more substantial meals, many with a Persian/Middle Eastern flavour. There is also a kids menu and an excellent selection of freshly made smoothies, milkshakes and coffees, plus a licensed bar.

It is a clean, attractive and comfortable place to sit with no pressure to move on and vacate your table, even at busy times. Decor is attractive with a water fountain inside, plus a back garden in good weather, where you can sit under cover but in the fresh air.

Service is always quick, friendly and efficient. this is the only restaurant where I have ever *completed* a loyalty card and am now on my third one!

• Visited December 2012
london
“Fantastic value for money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Went here on two occasions, once with a group of friends, then with my family. The staff are welcoming with lots of smiles, doing their best to accommodate us. We asked to move tables and they did this with ease considering there were six of us and they were busy. The lobster linguine is divine. My friend had the lamb tangine which she said was yummy. Although a little out of our way, I would definately make this a regular hunt.

• Visited December 2012