Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommercial roadshadwell stationpancake machinebrick lanestarbucks coffeeminute walkexecutive roomnice hotelcanary wharflate at nightbus stoptrafalgar squarebooked this hoteltower bridgewould stay againwest endeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is located at very unpleasant district, not compensated by a closeness to The Tower of London. Service is quite good, clean rooms, nice breakfast, but they will preventively block money on your credit card for 2 weeks without any notice by reception.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank miomilano
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Mr Miomilano, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your stay with us. I was very concerned to read you review as clearly you did not have a great experience with us and for that please accept my apologise. However it was good to note you found the hotel clean, the team / service and good and breakfast nice, all key attributes of a good hotel. Due to a lack of information I can not comment specifically on your issue with money being blocked we do as general practice take a Pre-Authorisation on check in which guests would be made aware of and need to authorise by use of their pin number. This is released by us upon check out. Unfortunately some credit card provides do have a delay in releasing the funds back to the card.
The area while not in the heart of the London tourist area is a vibrate multi cultured part of town and close to many key attractions such as Tower Bridge and Brick Lane, its unfortunate that the area did not suit your needs. Once again thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel the next time you are in London.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel in terms of customer service and facilities. I was extremely impressed with how the staff went out of their way to make our Pre-wedding party great.
My wedding is on 17th May at Double tree Hilton in Congresbury and I hope very much that staff can live up to the high benchmark set by Holiday Inn in East London.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear N G, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your pre-wedding party with us. I am glad the team here were able to make it a great day for you and I hope your wedding day is also just as fantastic! Maybe you will let us host your 1st Wedding Anniversary party. Once again thank your for your comments and for choosing the hotel for your party.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

When travelling to Europe I rarely stay in a Hotel Chain, more preferably a bed and breakfast or farm stay. We had just two nights in London, with very short notice, and were so pleased with this hotel. It was new and clean, very comfortable beds and pillows, and a great price for London. It was outside the central tourist zone, but we were willing to use public transportation to save $100 per night in lodging. The staff was incredibly helpful, unlike most hotel staffs that are totally indifferent. If you are needing travel help, late in the evening is preferable to early morning when everyone is checking out. As others have mentioned bus 15 stops a very short distance from the hotel. We also walked about 20-25 minutes to the Tower of London. The neighborhood is a little sketchy, but we avoided after dark. There are also 3 Tube stations close by, however, we did not use them.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan D, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team incredibly helpful. I know they take great pride in what they do and your feedback is a great way for them to know they are getting it right! I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you find yourself in London.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night during a conference we attended at Guy's Hospital and chose it for the convenient location as well as value for money. We were not disappointed in either respect. It is very easy to get to on either the DLR or District Line. The hotel is modern, clean and comfortable and the staff especially welcoming and friendly. Free wifi in the room is a bonus. The room compared well to other budget rooms we have stayed in, being well laid-out and with a good sized bathroom. We were on the 5th floor and heard almost no noise from adjoining rooms and none from outside. The full English breakfast was plentiful and good. Altogether we felt it was a good choice for our needs and would definitely stay here again in future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your detailed and glowing review following your stay with us. Its always great to hear from our guests who rate the hotel and will not hesitate to return. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had 2 days in this hotel on business, it served a purpose as somewhere to get my head down local to the place of work.

The hotel is perfectly clean and fuctional, if a little sterile. The rooms are spacious and well decorated, but it is plain to see that economies have been made. The toilet seat being a point in case.

I could not get comfortable with the pillows, again I suspect economies have been made - in my opinion in the wrong areas.

The mini bar was well stocked, with... water and coca cola. No alcohol or spirits despite there being a price list detailing a whole raft of beverages.

The breakfasts are actually fantastic, top marks. I didnt have dinner in the hotel.

This area (Shadwell) is a bit run down, and perhaps not the sort of place for an evening stroll. Despite this, the hotel seems to be able to charge top London rates.

I was in a rush this morning, and there was only one receptionist busying herself with some mediocre guest enquiry whilst the queue of people waiting to checkout grew. I therefore left my cardkey on the desk and left. I called them to explain the situation, and was put through to an extension that wasnt answered. I imagine by now they will have realised I have gone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Fletchinsky, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your stay with us. I was pleased to read you found aspects of your stay enjoyable such as breakfast but also a little concerned and surprised about some of your other comments. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pillows and can assure you no economies have been made here. In fact we offer both hard and soft pillows on our beds as standard to meet the different requirements of our guests and also offer a selection of different pillows such as anti-allergies pillows which are all conveniently detailed in our Hotel Directory listed via the interactive section of the TV system. In regards to the mini bar only stocking soft drinks we have found that these are the common drinks taken by our guests but by removing the alcohol, which is available 24 hours via room service we have also been able to offer our guests a small refrigeration space for their personal items. Some thing that is well received by most. Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Yours sincerely James Doyle