Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommercial roadshadwell stationpancake machinebrick lanestarbucks coffeeminute walkexecutive roomnice hotelcanary wharflate at nightbus stoptrafalgar squarebooked this hoteltower bridgewould stay againwest endeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a nice modern and new Holiday inn. We had a good stay here. Minor niggle is that the double bed could have been bigger and there was a problem with the breakfast. It started late and there were many items missing. However, staff recognised the problem, apologised about the staffing difficulty and refunded. So, apart from that all went well. I liked the hotel restaurant, if you order their specials, it's good value and quality. It's convenient for buses to travel into Central London.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the lateness of breakfast that you mention. We did have some challenges on the morning in question which delayed us and resulted in a few items missing from our offering. I hope this did not inconvenience you too much and can assure you it was a one off situation. Thank you for the feedback on the size of our double beds, for future reference our Executive Rooms do have large double beds in them and can be upgraded to very easily during check in or secured at the reservations stage. I hope you will consider using the hotel in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is one of the newer Holiday Inns, and it was very clean and comfortable.

The room was bright and spacious, with big bay-type windows enabling views along Commercial Road into the centre. The rooms was immaculately clean, with a comfortable bed and a nice big bathroom.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but the bar area and lobby were all smart and the staff were very attentive.

The only downside for us was the location, as it's a little way from the tube stations with luggage, but I think we'd come back here as it was good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. As General Manager I was very pleased to read your found the rooms to be immaculately clean and very comfortable. I hope you will once again stay with us should you find further need for accommodation in London.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had booked this hotel for 10 days through a site. Three days before arriving, I had to extend my stay by a day. Seeing that the price has risen steep, I sent them a mail if I could get a better rate. A reply that came a day later said "We are currently experiencing higher than expected contact volume and will respond as quickly as possible". I waited in vain for a reply. (Later got to know this mail went to their Atlanta office instead of London!).
When I arrived at the hotel after a flight of 16 hours, it was 9 p.m on a Sunday. There were 2 gentlemen before me for check-in. I had to wait a good 25 minutes before I could speak to the single lady on duty at reception. These 2 incidents created an unflattering impression.
The lady at the reception was efficient, courteous and helpful. But still the confirmation for extension of my stay was not forthcoming. Finally,
when the matter was taken to the Operations Manager, Damian, things were set right.
Individually, each person at the reception, restaurant was friendly, efficient. But, collectively, things were not fine. Housekeeping was neat, clean, but replenishment of toiletries, coffee, milk sachets left a lot to be desired. A hot chocolate drink sachet appeared once in 3 days.
Breakfast fare was good, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Had a wide variety. Save for one day when the breakfast was delayed as it appeared that the larder key went missing. Limited fare was readied by 7 am by procuring stuff from Tesco across the road. As I am a vegetarian, had limited choices that day.
Location of the hotel is excellent, close to bus stop as also DLR (Shadwell) and tube (Whitechapel). When I extended my stay further by a day, Damian took pains to ensure that my stay was comfortable.

Though I was not happy when I checked-in, they made me feel welcome by the time I checked out in 2 weeks!

Room Tip: Executive room was offered to me, being a priority club member. Very quiet room at the back of the hotel, in 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PoornaTravels

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments and while at first your request for additional nights was not address I was pleased to read, that once involved, Damian was able to resolve the issue for you. In relation to your comments regarding the reduced breakfast on one day of your stay, yes we did have a challenge accessing parts of the hotel which stored a number of the breakfast items. The team on the day tried to think on their feet and produce as close a breakfast buffet as we normally offer with the resources available to them. I do apologise for any inconvenience this caused you however pleased rest assured it was an unfortunate one off incident that we have taken steps to ensure it does not repeat. I hope you will consider using the hotel once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Although this hotel in not in the best part of London, it is conveniently placed for all the travel links - Underground, DLR & London Overground.
It is a new build and is very clean and welcoming. The rooms are really well appointed and modern. Whitechapel Tube is an easy 4-5 minute walk away.
The breakfast is buffet type with a good selection - but I can't make my mind up whether it is good value for money at £12.95 - thankfully it was included in my corporate rate, along with free internet access.
Overall a very comfortable stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ExiledInBeds

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your last stay with us here at Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. I was pleased to note you found the hotel conveniently placed with good transportation links to the rest of London and the rooms well appointed and modern including free WiFi. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Commercial Road over the Bank Holiday weekend in May. The staff were welcoming and our room was lovely, spacious, clean and the bathroom was very modern. Free wifi and great choice of tv channels. We loved the breakfast which was included in the total price, a wide range of items. The hotel was a 10 minute walk to Whitechapel tube station. Unfortunately this station and East Aldgate were closed all weekend so we had a 40 minute walk to Aldgate station, this isn't the hotels fault but did impact on our weekend. Overall a great stay, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jennie B

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your weekend stay with us. I was pleased to read you found the hotel clean and modern and that all the team were welcoming. its always nice to receive positive comments such as your and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.