Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommercial roadshadwell stationpancake machinebrick lanestarbucks coffeeminute walkexecutive roomnice hotelcanary wharflate at nightbus stoptrafalgar squarebooked this hoteltower bridgewould stay againwest endeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here during the period between Christmas and New Year for one night whilst visiting friends in east London. I arrived at Whitechapel tube station which is approximately 5 minutes walk to the hotel and pretty easy to find (with the help of maps on my phone).

The hotel was modern, comfortable and had all the things you'd expect from a Holiday Inn. The rooms were pretty spacious, with LCD tv, minibar (although a little expensive), good bathroom. I must say the room was extremely quiet which was a bonus being on a fairly busy road.

I only had dealings with staff on reception, who were efficient, friendly and made me feel welcome upon arrival. I felt I could relax in this hotel.

I never used the bar or restaurant, but it looked a good place to relax. I would stay here again in the future because it's a reasonable cost and you can be in central London within 15 minutes via the tube.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shaun F
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to record your views following your stay with us over the festive period. I was pleased to note you enjoyed your stay and would return should you have further need.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Well I stopped here for new years eve. First impressions very modern, sleek and clean. Receptionist were friendly and helpfull.

On arrival in the room, first impressions was I loved the decor, very sophisticated and sheek. Very clean and spot less.

We did encounter a heating problem however when reported was dealt with sufficiently and a maintenance engineer was sent within 10 minutes. However we did sort it out by this time and rang down to reception explaining that we no longer needed anyone sending up.

I would recommend this hotel for an over night stay but I would strongly recommend eating out before coming here as room service was of a poor quality.

I firstly rang down to order our food, which was taken and I was told food would be delivered to the room in 30-40 minutes. I was then phoned back explaining that they did not have the steak pie, which I found very amusing. The reason being is in the welcome booklet they have a letter talking about the history of the pie and how it originated in London.

I then choose the beef lasagna, which came with a salad and garlic bread. The food was delivered within 40 minutes, however when I went to tuck into my second choice of meal, I noticed that there was no garlic bread with both the lasagnas ordered. I tried to phone room service 3 times to inform them that the garlic bread was missing but was unsuccessful in speaking to anyone. I could not leave the meal any longer as it was not very hot on arrival in the first place. I can honestly say the lasagna was reheated in the microwave and was very dry and lacked seasoning and garlic. However the ready made salad with the addition of a dressing was the best part of the whole meal.

Before eating our meal I had to ring down to reception as our fridge was locked and we was unable to obtain a drink from it. The receptionist explained that a card needed to be left for deposit. I explained that she had already taken a deposit and a card number on arrival. I also mentioned about the garlic bread missing from the meal, she explained she will look into it and sort the problems out and call back in 10 minutes. However after 2 hours and waiting still no call and still no garlic bread, by this time I had lost interest. So did not pursue it. My partner then checked the fridge to which we discovered the lock was unlocked/deactivated - it would of been nice to have been notified- by this time we were all ready to leave for our night out.

Overall an ok stay, I have stayed in better for the same cost. This hotel is ok to lay your head down but not if you want to have a quiet night in and have a meal .you will have to venture out of your hotel to satisfy your hunger. Which would proberly be cheaper than room service anyway.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Dutchess555
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following you stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. As General Manager I was very concerned to read your comments regarding your experience with room service. Please accept my apologise as this was clearly not up the high standard you should expect from us. I have already passed your feedback onto the Food & Beverage manager who is currently investigating the matter, once this is complete we will taken the relevant action to ensure this does not happen again.

I was pleased to note you had a great first impression of the hotel and found the reception team friendly and helpful. I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you the challenges you experienced have been address and were in fact a one off. Once again thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Booked through last minute.com as a secret hotel for a couple of days break over Christmas. Although Whitechapel is not the nicest area of east London, this hotel was super!
The hotel was clean, room was spacious and unlike many hotels the room temperature was not tropical.
The staff were friendly and breakfast was a nice selection. We paid for breakfast vouchers which were worth the money. However, if we had not got such a good deal and paid the Holiday Inn price we would have probably stayed in a nicer area of London.

Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road following your last stay with us. As General Manager for the hotel I was pleased to read your comments especially regarding the friendly team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 weekends in a row for easy access to work at the Royal London hospital. Location not the best however buses and tube to the popular spots nearby. Very modern, clean and well equipped. Rooms a good size. I had large walk in shower. Room service good and breakfast included in price plentiful.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments follow your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. I was pleased to note you found your room comfortable and modern while also enjoying the food we had on offer for Breakfast and via room service. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you once again find your self working in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is a nice modern hotel with clean and spacious rooms. There is nice breakfast buffet and a reasonably priced dinner option. Room service has a good selection and is fairly priced. Hotel Wifi is good and works free of charge in both the room and in the common areas.

Beds are very hard, but if you like that you are golden!

The hotel is located 5 min walk away from the DLR connecting one stop from Bank, and 9 min from the closes tube.

The neighborhood is nice in the day, but desolated at night, leaving a less then friendly walk from the tube.

Overall this is a nice hotel for a few days stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room away from the main street as it can become quite noisy due to traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay with us here at the Holiday Inn London Commercial Road. I was pleased to note you thought highly of our restaurant offerings within the hotel and enjoyed the complimentary WiFi. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.