“You must visit !”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I do not know where to start.
Nothing could go wrong at Cafe Mexicali.
The staff are extremely friendly.
The Nachos was amazing. It was topped up with extra cheese and we loved it.
And we also ordered stuff mushroom as starters.
I have ordered king prawn fajita. It was so tasty !!!
My girlfriend went for the sea bass option.
We kept shearing our dishes.
They have got many options regarding to cocktail and moctails.
I was very sad to see some negative comments.
Wherever you are in London, give it a try.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Altancan

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I might have stretched to 2.5 stars for this place because it wasn't terrible but certainly not above average. The nachos were the low point with some horrendous fake-tasting cheese. The main wasn't much better as although the portion of enchiladas was huge, the refried beans were awful and the rice was clearly microwaved and utterly tasteless. I would have been livid had it not been for the Tastecard which entitled us to 50% off. Service was also pretty bad - the staff seemed like they would rather be anywhere else. They also managed to give us the wrong bill to start with despite the restaurant being more than half empty. Not sure if I buy some of the previous reviews.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Closest to a decent mexican I've found in ages - My friend had the squid starter and it was fantastic - the best squid I have had ever and I love the stuff and have had it in loads of places all over the world - lighly dusted with seasoned corn flour and perfectly al dente ! My Enchilada was tasty and had some jalapenos scatterd about in it to stop it being too bland, the meat was enough and the tortilla was well made, less onions in the beans, and much more than just a teaspoon of sour cream and guacamole - had they run out or something ?! and it would have been far better. This could be a really good mexican if the chef was just brave enough to really go for it with the flavours and just pretend he was in Mexico - you felt his hesitation in the food, didn't quite want to go all the way and was trying to hold back for fear of troubling the english palate too much. The drinks were great I had a pina colada and it was yummy and looked great too. Will definitely be going again, great staff too.

1  Thank farahdiba76
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was there to taste some different food at the first time and now I'm addicted about their sizzling fajitas..its absolutely delicious..
Really recommended!!

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I must tell that if there is a number to explain this Mexican place they have got from me "10" out of 10.
First of all staff are very polite and friendly, then food are amazing and huge portions , last but not the end the atmosphere and all decorations are really good for partying!!
If you got chance I would really recommend you this amazing place..