“Good food, friendly staff”
Review of Cafe Mexicali

Cafe Mexicali
Ranked #4,641 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went here on a Wednesday night and had a lovely meal. The restaurant was pretty empty, which was a shame, it deserves to be busier!

We had the large nachos to share as a starter, and they were really tasty. I had a beef burrito and my boyfriend and friend both had chimichangas.

I have a Tastecard, so got 50% off the food bill. We had two rounds of drinks too so the whole meal cost us £38 for the three of us.

I plan on going back on a Friday or Saturday for cocktails!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

İt was one of the great cocktail experience.. İ couldn't stop myself to drink all the cocktail on the drink menu. also cheesy nachos was over yummy. i see some of My friends was licking their fingers..
Yes we loved it..
food & drinks & atmosphere & service was all Good!!
and İ love the "irish monkey" which they give as a complimentary when you ask the bill..
recommended!! really really..

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Each time I go out from Finsbury park station I can't stop myself to have some delicious cheesy nachos & cocktail .. It's just about perfect to have that with their good atmosphere...I would definitely recommend this place who really wants to enjoy their night out in the north.. And the waitresses are like wouwww;) I meant about service:)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was there on valentine's day with my bf n it was fantastic...food was delicious n the cocktail was amazing. Nicely decorated specially for the valentine's day , the environment was very romantic with the burning candles . Very polite n friendly staffs n the music was awesome...just loved everything :) highly recommended! But I totally disagree with the last review.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant is a complete joke nothing about it was Mexican. Firstly the waitresses could barely understand any English and was struggling to take our order, and they were being extremely rude as well. Then we ordered a starter of nachos, which had no salsa on but instead consisted of salad thrown on top of cheap tortilla chips. Next we ordered the main an enchilada which had poor presentation and to be honest an El Old Paso packet meal who have been better. The cocktails were also a disappointment laced with rum unable to taste anything else. Overall we left the majority of our food as well as the cocktails and left for somewhere else.