“Best curry in London - hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Marina

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Best curry in London - hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Arguably the best curries in London. In all honesty, the restaurant is uninspiring but genuinely the food is exceptional.

Try the butter chicken and tarka daal as well as the king prawn jalfrezi. All ingredients are evidently fresh and food is really really tasty!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Gina L

Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Loved it here. Gr8 food and wonderful service - came here a few times one of our favs. Authentic Indian food with the best naan you will ever eat. Staff helpful and price was good too.

Visited June 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Couldn't care less”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went there on the bank holiday weekend with all of the family, we ordered the starters and one of those was an on the bone chicken dish. It wasn't cooked properly and was pink inside with some blood, therefore we sent it back. The dish came back out again and this time it seemed cooked until we found that a part of it still wasn't cooked properly and we found that the chicken was pink and in some areas blood was still present (the waiter also agreed that the chicken was raw). Now mistakes can happen, but on both occasions we didn't even receive an apology from the waiter, instead an angry face met us on both occasions, which is ludicrous.

The rest of the meal was fine and there weren’t any problems with any of the main dishes, however one of the chef's that also happens to be the boss of the place had peered his head of the kitchen and took a good look at us soon after the starter had been sent back for the first time, but didn't offer any sort of apology for sending food out that could have made either one of my family members very ill.

Later on whilst we were on our main course, the boss/chef leaves the kitchen and goes around to the other tables and asks if everything is ok with their food and has a good old laugh with them. It was unbelievable, it's not as if in his presence in the kitchen they sent out uncooked meat not once but twice to us.

Then came the time to leave and the waiter informed us that we won't be charged for that chicken dish (like he's doing us a favour, we hardly touched it both times and if we did we would have fallen ill). I asked the waiter if the manager was in knowing full well or who was in charge of the place, he told me that the manager wasn't in. Fine, then we all left after paying and the boss/chef had the audacity to stand there next to his bar and smile at us as we left, still not having the fortitude or the humanity to apologise for the dangerous food that he allowed to be served not once but twice!! He really couldn't care less..

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank S R
London, United Kingdom
“Can't go past Marina without wanting to stop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ever since I first found out about Club Marina it has been my favourite Indian Restaurant and stop off for a takeaway for nights we do not want to dine out. The food is always great, no, nearly always excellent and is miles away from the bog-standard tikkas, baltis and kormas and has a wide and tasty menu variety. Oh, if you are veggie, you might want give a miss as you'll think you have gone to food heaven, other restaurants will never seem the same again. The menue is thoughtfully divided into veg and non-veg starters and mains, has a very wide variety and portions are good enough in starters to serve as a main or a side too. For something completely different try the chatpatta mogo fries, regular chips will never be the same again, not even with curry sauce! Tucked away in the veg starters is also chilli paneer, the perfect antidote from some of the rotten mattar paneers served up in inferior restaurants. The heat of the dishes (I am talking chilli hot) is determined by the customer, you want it mild or hot, no problem, just make sure you can take it hot, hot, hot if you do go for the hot option. I am told the non-veg food is just as special as the veggie variety and the Bombay Chicken is apparently more than finger-licking good!
Be prepared if you go there to have televisions (nice large screens) playing all the latest Bollywood hits, straight out of real Indian Restaurants on the sub-continent, not to everyone's taste I know but it lets you know this is no standard tandoori and you're in for food that's a real eastern delight.
Thanks to the power of bluetooth, I often phone ahead on my way home from work to order a takeaway to pick up and service is fast, friendly and efficient. Stopping off is like popping in to see friends. One of my earliest introductions to the Marina was at a family gathering and I was the only veggie in the party and was worried I would be treated as an afterthought. So wrong! The boss made me feel right at home, making recommendations, ensuring my food arrived and was good so, now I am a fan for life. I have been eating at Marina over four years now, never got bored, never tired of the food or good service. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KennStarr
London
“Seriousy the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Yes ok not a restaurant for ambience or a first date ,,! But as a Londoner who has eaten Indian food for decades in the finest indian restaurants in Brick Lane,Southall, manchester, and many more ...this is the closest to home cooking , it is always full of Asians,always a good sign.Club Marina has our dearest Ash, chef and proprietor , you do not need a menu..simply tell him what you desire and he will cook it exactly as you wish , ghee free too! It has become my own personal favourite Indian restaurant and whoever I have introduced to it, always goes back! Sadly for me, I now have to book to avoid disappointment ...Club Marina for me is 10/10 for it's delicious cuisine !

• Visited February 2013