“Work related steak fun!”

Hawksmoor Guildhall
Ranked #451 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Situated in the heart of The City, Hawksmoor Guildhall provides ‘the best power breakfast in London’ (GQ). At lunch and dinner our dictionary-thick steaks are joined by a wide range of sustainable seafood from around the British coast. Perfect for meetings and entertaining clients, there is also a private room for larger groups and a Beef Tasting Menu for those who want to take a Tongue to Tail tour of a cow. Our Express Menu is available 12-3pm and 5-6pm Monday to Friday; 2 Courses £24.00, 3 Courses £27.00.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

A business partner had booked the private room at the back, and I have to say the food was incredible and the waiters were attentive and knowledgeable.

The spread of food was amazing, tasty and well presented.

The private room is perfect for that special get together.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I love the food at Hawksmoor restaurants, Guildhall included, but this is not one of my favourites. The restaurant is just a rather large room with no atmosphere or any attempt to make it attractive. I have also had some pretty poor experiences with the service there. So - I will keep going to Hawksmoor, but will avoid this one!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Visited on a Monday evening for our wedding anniversary, it was mostly business groups there rather than couples, but that suited us fine as we weren't really after an intimate romanatic environment. Smoked salmon starter was lovely, but make sure you save plenty of room for the mains! Best steak I've ever had, with lovely chunky chips and the biggest onion rings I've ever seen. Neither of us had any room left for dessert. Friendly staff, service was fine, overall a great experience.

Very expensive, but worth it for a special occasion as a treat.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was visiting from out of town and taken here by a friend. Very good steaks indeed, we decided to go for 2 different steaks and share: one Rib Eye (medium) and one Fillet (also medium). Both were very good though the Rib Eye did stand out.

Other side dishes were: Bone marrow (Excellent, v salty), Creamed spinach.

Wine list is also good, we opted for the Italian Barbera which was a great match for our steak. Ambience is nice, underground, good for dinner (i heard their breakfast is also amazing).

Reviewed June 20, 2014

A Monday night at Hawksmoor Guildhall - The Restaurant is packed mainly with City business people on company credit cards enjoying this dimly lit lower ground floor windowless eatery.

I was entertaining a customer with my wife and a work colleague -The food was good - The Chateaubriand 1.1kg at 143.00 pounds was delicious and good and the D Rump 350g at 20 pounds only was succulent and tasty and certainly the best bit of meat of the evening ! ( and better value ) The Porterhouse 950 g was a bit of a disappointment as it was over cooked and a bit tougher and it was 85 GB pounds.

My guests ordered 3 different sauces ( Bearnaise , Peppercorn , Stilton Hollandaise ) at 3 pound a pot a bit excessive and should really have come as part of the steak deal !

My guest complained that the Macoroni and Lobster dish - which had very little Lobster on the plate and thought 20 pounds was a top notch price ! All in all we had 7 other sides which were tasty and good

We had 2 bottles of sparkling water and an expresso and cappuccino and 1 scoop of Lemon Sorbet for dessert

Monday night is bring your own bottle night - We took two fantastic Iconic wines from Italy.We had Chianti Classico Castello Di Fonterutoli Italy 2011 and Planeta Chardonnay 2011 Sicily ! Amazing Wines to have at this restaurant and great food and wine matching for this cuisine ! Good news no corkage charge !

The total bill came to 366 GB Pounds including 12.5% service which is almost 92 pounds per head but if I add on the two bottles of Chianti (84 pounds ) and 1 bottle of Planeta Chardonnay (55 pounds ) the real price is 505 pounds for 4 people which is 126 pounds per head ! Its more like Benjamins Steak House prices in NYC !

All in all ,Its not cheap , the steaks are good , the place is noisy and buzzy ! All my guests enjoyed the experience and we had a fun evening at Hawksmoor Guildhall and will definitely go back even though it was a bit pricey !