“Great day out with a fun and knowledgeable guide”
Review of Walk Eat Talk Eat

Walk Eat Talk Eat
Ranked #16 of 184 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: London food tours. Get a taste for London: the food, history, people and places. Book a private tour or join one of our regular tours. Either way, you'll get off the tourist trail, learn all about this wonderful city and eat your way around a neighbourhood. All with a local guide, who loves London and sharing the secrets of the city. We also do tours for hen and stag parties, corporate groups, school trips and research/fam groups.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent the day with Charlie on a food tour of East London. She really knew about the food we were eating and the history of where we were walking. I'd definitely recommend this.

walkeattalkeat, Owner at Walk Eat Talk Eat, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thanks for that. It was great having you along and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

There are newer reviews for Walk Eat Talk Eat

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been meaning to go on this tour for a while now, as a friend of mine went and really enjoyed it. We did the Brick Lane tour, and even though I'm from London and go to this area all the time, we were shown some real hidden gems that i've never seen before and learnt a lot of new really interesting things. We were given the tour by the founder of the company, Charli, she was really lovely, friendly and more than helpful, and really brought the group together. We had great conversation the whole time and absolutely delicious food, you couldn't ask for more! I'll definitely be booking up more tours and I've even suggested it for a friends hen do and a work trip over the next few months! Great for family, friends, Londoners or out of towners!!

Well thank you very much. It's always good to hear that the locals like it. Seems like more and more people are keen to discover what's on their doorstep. Thanks for coming along.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our group of four signed up for the High and Meaty Walking tour. Our guide met us at the location to start the tour, but was only prepared to provide Brick Lane tour (mix up by her supervisor). She attempted to add in some of the High and Meaty tastings, but the tour was not up to par. While pleasant and friendly, she lacked food knowledge, enthusiasm, and guide experience. We have been on foodie walking tours in several cities and this one was a disappointment. We would not recommend.

walkeattalkeat, Owner at Walk Eat Talk Eat, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Again, I'm so, so sorry about the mix up on the tours. It was entirely my fault - I misread the diary and gave your guide the wrong details. Really poor work on my part.

I'd hoped that the 50% refund had gone some way to make amends, but realise you were really disappointed with the tour.

So sorry. I'll make sure it never happens again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a last minute trip to London. We wanted to do something different; not just the normal tourist attractions. In looking online we found this food tour which seemed perfect. We met our guide Charli and began a fabulous evening. We visited a variety of different food venues at a leisurely pace. Not only was the food good, but so was the company. It felt like you were catching up with an old friend who was showing you around town. She provided tidbits of history of the area and a good overview of what living in London is like today. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the city and early in your trip so you have this as a backdrop for the rest of your visit.

1  Thank Debbie M

You guys were an absolute delight to tour with. I think you're idea about doing the tour early in your trip is bang on - helps people get their bearings and get to know a neighbourhood, I hope.
Thanks for coming along.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been looking forward to this food tour for many months. I love to go off the beaten track and as a foodie, I always like to explore the food scene on these tracks. Food Tours are the new way to explore a country or cities. Over the years I have always put my own food walks together, but it is often hard to find the right places as guide books don't tell you about the new openings or places were locals like to hang out.
Although I lived in my student days in the East end, I never had been to the Brick lane area. It was fascinating listening the stories, history and 'tasting' this area. My favourites were the fish and chips with a twist and the bagel. I could have spend hours roaming around the street food market and chatting to the people, who were cooking up lovely food there. Instead I did that the next day at the South Bank street food market.
And.. after 32 years finally jellied eels. Dutch people love eel, but jellied eels seems to be a bit strange. However I loved it!
Charli, thank you for a great time and I am looking forward to your new food tours. We will be definitely joining them!

1  Thank GerlaB

It was really fun to have a fellow tour guide along to swap stories and tips with. And I was most impressed with you trying the jellied eels!

I WILL get myself to Cambridge and come along on one of your tours soon - before the sun disappears I think.

Thanks for the lovely review.