“Great burgers, but I agree there are better in London”

Honest Burgers - Brixton
Ranked #971 of 23,220 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited Honest Burgers on Friday, as having read from previous reviews we were expecting a wait & so were told around 40 minutes before they could seat us, which was fine. Staff are incredibly helpful & friendly but although the burgers were tasty I'm sad to say they didn't live up to the hype & there are better burger bars in London. However, I would still recommend a visit to Honest Burgers!

2  Thank Laura S
There are newer reviews for Honest Burgers - Brixton

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Being hungover on Sunday, my body was crying out for a big juicy burger. So me and a couple of friends took ourselves to Brixton Village for the first time ever.

First of - Brixton Village is incredible - What a hidden gem! I shall be venturing there most weekends until I have tried ever single one of those amazing smelling eateries. On this occasion, the chosen destination was Honest Burgers.

After milling around, we eventually found the tiny venue. Seats outside and we were ready to pounce only to be stopped by a lady with an ipad (the waitress) who explained she had texted the next customers who were on their way to the free table (seemed very strange)...

It was strange until she explained the text messaging system they had in place. We were informed that there were 11 bookings in front of us and that we would have to wait about 45 minutes but their smart text messaging service would alert us to our queue position and when our table was ready (so she wasn't saving the table for her friends like we initially thought...)

We ordered three cheese burgers which were accompanied by chips. Not bad for £7.50 each!

If the Honest Burgers' burger was the first burger I had since I moved here, it would have blown my mind. However, after eating in the likes of Patty and Bun, Meat Market and Burger Bear, Honest Burger seems almost... dare I say it? Average. This is definitely not the case though, it just has very tough meaty competitors.

The burger was cooked medium which allowed for the juices to drip onto the chips below (who needs ketchup?). The red onion relish was very tasty, not too sweet so didn't take over the meat. I would have preferred the bun to be heated/toasted but who cares when the insides are so delicious.

Although not the best in it's field, it is definitely up there in the top rankings so it is worth a visit - even if it is just to experience the buzz of Brixton Village.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Yum. Amaaazing food, good service, good prices. In love with those chips! I just wish they made fresh mayo. Sometimes Helmann's isn't okay!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

What a find! The best burger ever and the most amazing rosemary fries, plus Sheppys cider to top it off. These guys really know what they're doing. Can't wait to visit again. Great food, great service and I wish I lived in Brixton so I could visit them more often.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

best burger and my god rosemary chips to die for, if you love burgers then go to honest burgers in Brixton Village. Spot on for service, food and the best burgers !!!