“La Forchetta you surprised me.....”
Review of La Forchetta

La Forchetta
Reserve with OpenTable
La Forchetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,272 of 22,511 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Based on the heart of Angel, London’s vibrant Upper Street easy reached by both retail and business communities La Forchetta is a must for people who seek uncompromised quality, service and value for money in the heart of the City. La Forchetta is built on the principles of creating excellent quality authentic Italian cuisine and providing a high level of efficient and friendly service. Our unique service has established our place in this industry. This allows us to make a distinctive and substantial impact on our customers.La Forchetta is a place to see and to be seen in.With an emphasis on great service in relaxed, stylish surroundings an extensive menu using the finest locally selected ingredients. We are the ideal venue for both business and pleasure dining on the heart of Angel, whether you only have time for a quick bite, or prefer to settle in with friends for the evening.La Forchetta has become a well established favourite among lovers of fine wineand good food and is able to meet a wide range of dining requirements from anintimate dinner for two, large family or social gatherings, business lunches and dinners.La Forchetta will offer you a warm welcome, a really great choice of wines and some excellent food.Offering a small piece of Italy to the people of London for special occasions, whetherit’s a romantic meal for two, a family get together or a social gathering.
Reading, United Kingdom
“La Forchetta you surprised me.....”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Really lovely night in La Forchetta , did not know what to expect as i did the booking blind , but loved it , the Calamari starter was so tasty , the Lobster the same , such delicate flavors I had the Sea bass and o my god it was enormous, and beautifully done ,My girlfriend had the best pizza I have tasted in years , we will definitely go back.

The atmosphere and service 10/10
We will be back that's for sure

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Took on to write this review about La Forchetta in islington because is one of the best Italian restaurants I've been in a long time and I had the nieces pizza there,
they had a wood fire pizza oven and is one of the things that makes an Italian restaurant that more authentic .
Me and my friend we really enjoyed our time and would definitely go back there next time were in London
Thanks again la forchetta

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best Italian Restaurants in London”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

It's rare to find such an attractive variety of tasty main course and entrees...excellent deserts as well! Been there with my family few times and every time it gets better and better. Service was cordial and attentive and without pretense...Tony is a consummate host...cozy tables and seats and ample space with pleasant decor... It was like an easy trip to Italy without hopping on a plane. The Pizza OMG you only have them in Italy. Last time I tried the Lobster as they installed a lobster tank recently and I could not finish the plate, massive portion and properly done. I only can say BRAVO to the chef and to the owner.

York, United Kingdom
“Pessimo servizio...Terrible service and food.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We've been here to have a lunch and has been a disappointment since the beginning.
The staff was very unprofessional, the waiter was following a girl, probably in training, but he had to be the first to learn how to deal with customers.
They just let us in without saying that they were closing, so in the meantime we were having lunch they start bringing inside tables and chairs.
The waiter was sitting playing with his mobile and he pulled his shirt out of his pants, so he could feel more comfortable.
We had 2 pizzas ...they were hard to cut... the pizza dough was horrible...how can you open an Italian Restaurant without having a good Pizzaiolo????
Please Fire him or at least ask him to learn from a real Pizzaiolo how to make a
proper pizza!
We were in rush because everybody were waiting for us to leave.
So we did.
We won't go back there anymore, and please, if you are looking for an Italian restaurant (I'm Italian so I can tell about it) don't go there ....

Hampshire, England
“OK”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had an office lunch here for a party of about 12

The service was fine but as we were initially the only guests when we arrived at 3pm that is not unreasonable

The food can only be described a average - nothing wrong with it but certainly nothing exceptional.

I think you could easily do better nearby - see my review of Sacre Cour