“Horrid!”
Review of La Forchetta

La Forchetta
Reserve with OpenTable
La Forchetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,611 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Based on the heart of Angel, London’s vibrant Upper Street easy reached by both retail and business communities La Forchetta is a must for people who seek uncompromised quality, service and value for money in the heart of the City. La Forchetta is built on the principles of creating excellent quality authentic Italian cuisine and providing a high level of efficient and friendly service. Our unique service has established our place in this industry. This allows us to make a distinctive and substantial impact on our customers.La Forchetta is a place to see and to be seen in.With an emphasis on great service in relaxed, stylish surroundings an extensive menu using the finest locally selected ingredients. We are the ideal venue for both business and pleasure dining on the heart of Angel, whether you only have time for a quick bite, or prefer to settle in with friends for the evening.La Forchetta has become a well established favourite among lovers of fine wineand good food and is able to meet a wide range of dining requirements from anintimate dinner for two, large family or social gatherings, business lunches and dinners.La Forchetta will offer you a warm welcome, a really great choice of wines and some excellent food.Offering a small piece of Italy to the people of London for special occasions, whetherit’s a romantic meal for two, a family get together or a social gathering.
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went at a quiet time and despite this were ignored throughout our meal. We ordered garlic bread to come with our main and we received rosemary bread coated in rock salt as a starter. Our mains were very disappointing, again covered in salt with little dressing or taste. As no one came to check on us during our meal I went hungry and had to quibble the bill at the end. I would not recommend this resturant!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you can look past the very dated and frankly drab interior the food and service was fab! Portion size was enormous but don't let that put you off as they bag up your leftovers for you to take away. Looking forward to cold pizza in the morning! Yum!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food which did arrive was nice. Only half of one of the main courses arrived, when trying to rectify this with staff it seemed to cause much confusion! (Staff which could speak more english may be useful). When we complained to the manager he did apologises and removed the meal from the bill. When you are spending £30 per head you expect more!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We booked this restaurant prior to reading the reviews on Trip Advisor which was not something I normally do.
Upon arrival things started to go downhill with them not having any prosecco (in an Italian restaurant)! I decided to opt for my second choice a tia maria (none of that either) but I was given an amarretto and coke complimentary (only problem is not asked if I had a nut allergy). It took ages for drinks to be served and our group of 4 were getting pretty fed up waiting. Later in the evening they did find a bottle of chilled prosecco!!!
The service, although they were smiley and polite, had a lot to be desired as the waiting staff were running around like headless chickens not actually achieving much for any of the customers.
The food was awful and if you opt for the sea bass (on the specials) make sure you ask for it to be filleted in the kitchen. The first attempt arrived with head included - the second attempt arrived the same way and was then filleted behind the bar and arrived 40 minutes after everyone else on the table had finished their meals. The sea bass arrived with no dressing having waited nearly 2 hours for something edible to arrive.
I eat in may Italian restaurants as they are one of my favourite cuisines but sorry this is not one that will be on my wish list to revisit.
What a shame with a bit more organisation and attention to detail (may be some staff training) this could be a lovely place to eat.
At the end of our meal we had to tell them to remove the sea bass and the service charge from the bill. They did give us a complimentary drink at the end but that wasn't what we wanted - we wanted a meal where we all ate together and drinks served in a timely manner (not asking much for a restaurant really).

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Down in London for the marathon I needed to carb load, but it had to taste good. We found this place and looking at the menu it seemed perfect. The buzz of the place, the staff and the food were excellent. The biggest down side was one of our group had his meal missed and it arrived as the rest of us were finishing. What was disappointing was when the bill arrived it had a service charge. I am always happy to pay for service, but when a meal is missed, I feel a mandatory service charge is unnecessary, we spoke to the management and finally got it removed from our bill. I would return again as the food is very good.

2  Thank Craig B