“Room so small,”

and 1 more site!
The Z Hotel Soho
Ranked #368 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a couple in November, the room is so small that my suitcase did not fit in our room, the location is good! They offer unlimited wine and cheese for guest by arrival which was yummy, very clean and stuff was helpful!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sAmthemann
There are newer reviews for The Z Hotel Soho

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We spent one night here and really enjoyed it. Yes, the room was very small but we knew from their website it would be. But it was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfy and there was a massive flat screen telly with lots of channels. The shower was good and the bathroom well equipped.
The staff were lovely and friendly and the free wine and cheese/biscuits between 5.00 and 8.00 were a very nice touch.
The hotel is in a very good location.
An added bonus is that you can leave your luggage as long as you need to in a locked, secure room for no extra charge.
Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 110 and our daughters stayed in room 203. Both were pleasant and surprisingly quie...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TanyaBirmingham
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I loved this hotel!! It is what it says - a small-roomed hotel, for just sleeping in! It's very well designed, the whole hotel is quirky. Yes, my double room was very small, but immaculately clean, comfy and all you could want for just a night or two's sleep!! My only grumble was there is no towel rail! Where am I supposed to put my wet bath towel? Talking of which, towels were lovely quality, bedding good, too! My wet room had a small window, so not completely dark. And I have never known such wonderfully friendly and efficient staff.Everyone was lovely. Breakfast was good, and you could have free cheese and wine early eveing, too. Free wi-fi and huge tv and free internet .
Location was fabulous for my needs, too. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I need to. Smaller, but far nicer that a Travelodge or similar. Well done Z!!

Room Tip: Inner rooms were quieter, but have no windows!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The room was ridiculously small. I don't take up much room either. I got ready for a night out in what felt like the smallest room I've ever been in. The bed was hard. The massive window in the bathroom overlooked the high street and I struggled to pull the blind down and the water didn't drain after my shower. I REAAAALLY wanted a coffee or a tea before I went out, but the kettle that was attached to its stand, only had a 20 inch cable and the two plugs in the room were too far away. I didn't get in till the early hours due to it being a night out, and the cleaner, who was cleaning the room at around 8/9 in the morning on a Sunday with Capital FM blaring through my walls. I knocked a few times to which I was ignored. So I ended up packing up my things and checking out early. The only nice member of staff I encountered was the really helpful young gentleman at the reception. Definitely NOT good value for money unless you're a hobbit..

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The z hotel in soho is in a brilliant location, you are smack bang in the middle of soho. The thing with this hotel is that on first impressions you think how quirky and cool it is, going up through the glass elevator and seeing all of the outside catwalks to the rooms, it makes you excited to see your room, then once you go into your room the sheer smallness of it hits you first BUT then you see the 50" tv suspended over your bed and Realise how comfy the bed looks (and it is!) but then that's it. There is zero storage space so I'd say for anyone coming to london for a big shopping trip you would struggle in these rooms. But my biggest gripe with the room is that whoever designed it thought it would be a brilliant idea to separate the tiny bathroom and tiny bedroom with frosted glass, meaning whoever you are staying with can see very clearly what you are doing in there making having a number 2 a very awkward experience. So to sum this hotel up I would say the staff are great, it has some nice quirks such as free cheese and wine at night, free sky tv and nice toiletries, and it is very well looked after and clean and the location is great but things like the lack of storage room and the intimate bathroom design would probably make me have a look around for another hotel the next time I come to London.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Man, am I the only one who thinks it's not cool to shove two people into what must be at most a 6' x 9' (2x3m) space (if that) and claim it's a hotel room? The room photos are deceptive and use wide angle lense photography. In reality the space was really unsuitable for a couple - I mean, it was impossible to get dressed unless one of us did so on the bed. There was ZERO storage and our cases took up what little floor space there was, and we shared the couple of hooks on the wall to hang clothes on. Doing hair and makeup at all was a challenge with the lack of space, tiny window etc.

There are so many hotels that go above and beyond and give you twice or three times the room and experience and value added stuff for just a little more money, I won't bother with the Z again. It was a false economy for us compared with say the nadler.

I can see the point of it if you are a solo traveller and don't mind sleeping in a coffin to save a few quid a night. I will say it was 100% clean and staff were nice.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jonespost
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed in the Z Hotel last night and was very impressed. My review will echo others, the room is very, very small but I'd been warned and was staying alone, albeit in a double. I would point out that the space has been carefully thought out and is therefore used to best effect. I had an inside room and it felt a bit like an inside cabin but again the lack of a window didn't worry me.

The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable and the toiletries and towels of a high quality. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take full of advantage of the invitation to complimentary cheese and wine in the bar, but the array of cheese looked excellent and the small glass of wine I took was very quaffable.

The reception staff, bar and breakfast staff were all polite and friendly, all in all I would definitely recommend and revisit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo