“Quirky hotel in great location”
Review of The Z Hotel Soho

The Z Hotel Soho
Ranked #368 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in an amazing location, close to the metro, restaurants and bars. I liked the quirky design of the rooms but the entire room wouldn't be much bigger than 2x2.5 metres so if this isn't your style perhaps another hotel is more suited. My husband and I found it comportable enough but it was difficult with 2 large suitcases. The room was clean and new, and I loved the little touches like free wine and cheese from 5-8 daily and the free fruit. It is pricey for the size of the room but it is new and I've found London to be expensive generally. Overall, I would stay here again, in fact I've booked again at the end of this month!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Stacey C
There are newer reviews for The Z Hotel Soho

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel for a weekend trip to the city. It's a great location in Soho. Very central.

Yes the rooms are small but they are very comfortable. However, I wouldn't want to stay for longer than a few days. To be honest I can't remember a lot about my evening as we were both very drunk :-)

What can I say about the cheese and wine in the evening. Absolutely awesome. A wonderful selection of cheeses, olives, chutney and bread topped off with some gear wine!!!

I'd stay again but wouldn't pay the rack rate.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluesboy34
Reviewed October 6, 2013

this was second visit to z soho and i must say what a difference!! all it took was a change of room and it was excellent warm clean tidy staff very very helpful...and a gr8 choice of breakfast will be back again now we know they are as good as the z in victoria

Room Tip: get a room that are high up get a lovely veiw at night time we looked down onto busy street so was l...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We are frequent visitors to london, at least twice a month and always love a good deal so when we found Z hotel on the booking .com website we were so excited as the location of the hotel is spot on, the reviews looked good and the photos of the hotel looked really good, however the rooms were a little disappointing to say the least

The hotel is in a great location, they have obviously put a lot of thought into the hotels communal layout but not in the rooms, the court yard is breathtaking but the double rooms are far too cramped for two people sharing, our room (206) was far too tiny, it seems all the rooms are the same after speaking to other guests there. the bed is pushed tightly into a corner and therefore the person on the wall side has to climb over the other person to get in and out

The shower is classed as a wet room, yes wet is the word, each time u take a shower in the cramped shower room / toilet it floods the whole room, not really thought this through if u ask me, also the toliet and shower room which is quite poky is patitioned off with only screens of smoked glass, not really ideal if you wish to use the tollet - apart from being cramped it was ok but not an ideal stay if its more than one night, no telephone in the rooms or iron, however the rooms have a 40inch screen TV but it does NOT have all Sky Channels as advertised in the website

Overall the staff are lovely, we were offered a cheeses and wine experience every night from 5pm - 8pm in the court yard but we did not take up the offer - umberellas are on offer for guests to use and there was always fruit at the reception for guests, im told some guests paid £125 per night which at that price u cannot grumble for the location, however we paid £198 per night and to say ive been at the best western Shaftsbury hotel just 100 yeards away for the same price its shocking

Room Tip: If you have a room make sure you book one with a window - air con works when it wants to, I would re...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley B
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel looked very clean and modern and is in a good location. The room was so small we couldn't even stay!!!! The 4ft bed - not double was wedged up against the wall on one side and the top and bottom of the bed were wedged against the wall, therefore meaning that if you are a couple you have to climb over each other to get in and out of bed!!! The bathroom isn't separate, its behind a glass partition with no privacy whatsoever. As soon as we got in the room it felt very uncomfortable. At home this would be a large coat cupboard. Not impressed at all. Avoid if you a couple and don't enjoy climbing over the other person to get out of bed!!!

Room Tip: Don't go!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackie r
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Z Hotel Soho is a great way to stay in the heart of London if you're staying for one or two nights, however this is not a budget hotel. Whilst the rooms are tiny (which is the point), you still get a modern, clean well decorated room, a very comfortable bed, good quality fluffy towels and the amenities you would normally get in a larger hotel.

My only qualm is that I paid over £150 for the night which seems very expensive despite the location and quality of the room. I feel the price point should be lower to reflect the size of the room (and lack of window in my case), which would make the concept great for people wanting a decent room in central London without having to pay top dollar. Saying that, I don't think I would want to stay in a room of this size for more than a couple of nights, for me this was a crash pad and its ideal for that.

Overall though, great for what I needed, comfortable, clean and brilliant location.

Room Tip: If you can get a good price get a room with a window, I don't think they are significantly more...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this great find! If you want to stay steps away from all that's happening in central London, this is the place for you. The service is impeccable, the employees were all so friendly it was like coming home to friends (especially Gemma at he front desk and wine bar!). We were here for a few nights on our honeymoon and they upgraded us to an amazing little flat with a kitchen! Ask if 5C is available- they are usually rented for long-term guests but if a flat happens to be open I highly recommend it! very spacious with a great view out to buzzing Soho and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! The towels are also huge and fluffy. The best part is that they have a nightly FREE wine and cheese happy hour for guests from 5-8pm!

• Stayed: September 2013