“Sunday, MAD DAY.”

Parlour
Ranked #1,549 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are open all day serving food and drinks. Everyone is welcome! For a special occasion, try our Chef's Table with a spectacular finale - a feast for the eyes, belly and possibly the mind! Come have an Allpress coffee, a juice, a glass of wine, or a beer you may never heard of. Read the paper, bring your laptop and avail of our free wifi. There is something for everyone, whatever the time of day...
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was there for Sunday Roast yesterday. It was a mad house. So loud and so disorganised. The food wasn't so bad, but the chicken was so dry. And the staff have some attitude issues. Why take such a big party of like hundred kids and still accept other customers when it can't be handled by staff?

It is like Chuck E Cheese in the states. My boyfriend and I will never go back. However, the one next to it, is super nice, more classy.

2  Thank 795Young_B

Reviewed February 16, 2014

In this restaurant, customers are not the kings, the chef is. You have to beg to make sure you get good service you pay for.
The food is ok.but you feel so guilty for ordering things that you pay for.

Terrible organisation and terrible service.

Such attitude they give you for the service you pay for .

Dont bother going all the way there for special occasions. It is guaranteed that you will be let down.

Why cant we just find a perfect restaurant with good service.

I am a blogger and i work for food and wine magazine, went there to write a review, and told my editor, i have nothing to write.

The chefs should stay chefs. They should hire a general manager to deal with customer relations, not moody old himself.

What a shame.

3  Thank Critic B
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The guy who cooks here used to cook at The Mall Tavern in Notting Hill. He does a rather weird take on 70`s retro food but everything looks great on the plate and tastes great too.
I had a starter of Pork fritters in an apple and mustard sauce and a desert of blacmonge with fruit marinated in something rather lovely. My companion had a desert which involved a blow torch. Its al great fun. Loverly old pub. Great selection of beers and ciders and they love dogs too.....

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've been to the Parlour a few times now and always had a great night.
It serves some really inventive cocktails as well as a wide and different selection of usual pub drinks. I've tried a lot of the beers the passion fruit beer being lush.

As for the food it's good but tries a little to hard to be uber cool. An example was the pulled pork I ordered, it came in a lump unpulled. This was so you could do it yourself, trendy yes but I want my pulled pork ready pulled when it arrives at my table.

Same sort of thing applies to some of the desserts, they arrive "deconstructed". Sometimes simple is better.

Service is good and the clientele are professions, families and trendies. No oiks in here, a big bonus!

Pricewise is not as cheap as a Weatherspoon, but then the good part is it's not a Weatherspoon.
Overall I rate the Parlour highly for drinks but just good for food.

I keep going back so that tells you something.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Parlour is simply divine. The food is great, the staff are attentive, and has a great atmosphere. It really is an all rounder location as its conveniently situated beside a tube and train stations. It is very child friendly as well as having a great range of cocktails and beers to suit the later crowd.

I would suggest visiting and trying it yourself. Next time I will try something new but it's all so good that I cant lose! without a doubt,I think for the price you pay it is worth every penny.