“Not what I expected”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Slow service, cold food, too much garlic. Generally disappointed after reading other reviews here. Was expecting better.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited here for the first time and would agree with other reviews that it is a good traditional family run restaurant. I visited with my husband and we both enjoyed our 2 course meal. My Caprese salad was big and delicious. The mozarella was beautifully creamy and the tomatoes had a lovely flavour. My main special of cod was also full of flavour. The service was very friendly. My only minor criticisms would be that it would have been nice to have had more basil on the salad for flavour. The cod was written on the special boards as fillet however I think it may have cod steak as there were some bones which I didn't like. Also my husband's main dish of lobster risotto although very tasty was extremely rich, heavy with cream and cheese. Wouldn't choose that again personally. However we liked it enough to return soon and will hopefully leave room for dessert next time. It certainly makes a nice change from the many pasta chains in London and for a similar price too. I would recommend it to others who enjoy good italian food.

1  Thank Ruthie3005
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wonderful food and very friendly atmosphere.
Starters and main courses very generous
No room for deserts!
We have been twice now and would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank Mrs F
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great family run restaurant with wonderful food & service. Excellent value. Book to make sure you get a table as its very popular. Lobster linguine is a highlight.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were looking for a European-type restaurant in the Finchley/Whetstone area, and came across Angelo's on the internet. In spite of having lived in the vicinity for many years we had never noticed it before, although it has been established for a long time.
From the outside it looked small and not particularly inviting. But once inside the aroma of Italian cooking overwhelmed us, and the meal lived up to our expectations. It helped that the owner or manager was a charming and friendly lady, who made us feel entirely at home.
We shall definitely return.

1  Thank Barry B