“Good location, excellent hotel”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #24 of 1,068 Hotels in London
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Good location, excellent hotel”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Hotel has his own sharm. it starts from the staff at the entrance, continues in the hall and at the bar and waits for you in your room. We used room service twice, everything was very elegant and tasty.
The one problem for me was that I didn't find socket for hairdryer in the bathroom.
And we had no beautiful view from our room ( in the yard). We stayed in Deluxe room (twice). May be you can get view from suites.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SofitelStJamesLondon, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for your positive feedback.
I am happy the dishes you ordered were tasteful to you. We try and pay attention to every detail so our guests are satisfied.
Regarding the lack of socket in the bathroom, we are obliged by British law not to install any as we have to protect our guests against an event of electrocution.
I look forward to your next stay with the Sofitel London St James in the near future.
Denis Dupart
Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the St James Sofitel. Beautiful place in every way. Staff and concierge were great. Anna, Natasha and both concierges always with smiles to greet us. The bed at Sofitel is heaven and may well be the most comfortable in all of Europe! After a day of non stop touring this hotel offers a welcome place to return to. Slippers laid out, water next to the bed and soothing music to lull you to sleep. The location is literally 5 minutes walk to the gates of Buckingham palace and just down the street from Picadilly circus. The hop on and off bus picks you up 2 blocks down and if you're a tube user that's readily available also.. There is something for everyone near the St. James. So whats stopping you...Stay here....Just leave a room for me : ).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
It is always a pleasure to read such positive a feedback and I thank you for posting it.
We make our utmost to deliver an unforgettable stay to our guests and we do it with passion.
I thank you for the special mention to our Front Desk staff members: Anya & Natasha as well as our Concierge. They really felt rewarded in hearing your comment.
Sofitel Luxury Hotels has created a unique bed concept called MyBed for you to feel like lying on smooth clouds. I assume it happened...
I look forward to your next stay at the Sofitel London St James very soon.
Denis Dupart,
istanbul
Reviewed October 9, 2010

high quality hotel with good food and perfect beds...
concierge was not upto standards because of the french junior concierge guy who should have been working in the back office away from the guests...
next time i hope to be lucky in that dimension...i had had the same concierge quality problem at sofitel new york and sofitel london heathrow .....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for bringing your feedback to us.
I am happy we provided you with a high standard of service.
Our Chef is proud to offer fresh products only on his Menus as they are delivered on a daily basis. Hence a fine and tastier cuisine.
Please allow me to express my apologies regarding one of our junior Concierge. Rest assured I personally took the appropriate measures in order to avoid future occurence.
I hope we will have the privilege to welcome you back in the very near future.
Denis Dupart,
Phila, PA
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights. Perfect location for seeing the sights in London. This was our "splurge" hotel on our trip to Paris, London, and Ireland.

Alerted the hotel that we were celebrating our 32nd anniversary--but no upgrade or recognition. That was a bit disappointing. But our room was very comfortable and clean. We faced the street--but it was not noisy. Comfy bed.

Didn't use the restaurant--but the bar was very nice. Very accommodating staff.

Would choose this hotel again--if I could get a deal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and have to say that the beds are amazing, the room for european hotels rooms have plenty of space and are very well appointed .The Hermes Toiletries was a very nice touch.
The staff would respond almost immediately room service housekeeping etc. I never heard NO i cannot do something when asked. the french touch with Gracious hospitality Overall an amazing stay in a fabulous location

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Newcastle
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have stayed in the Sofitel before and loved it, hence a return trip. I remember saying to my fiance that I had tasted my best ever breakfast here which was eggs benedict. Unfortunately, it wasn't so great this time and I had to send it back twice as my eggs benedict was very cold, which was very disappointing. Also, you wouldn't expect this in a 4/5 star hotel.

Apart from the breakfast, the hotel is located in an excellent position, it's beautifully decorated and the beds are extremely comfy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This was my third time staying in a sofitel hotel and it was excellent as always. The Sofitel St James is in the perfect location, about two mins from picadilly. Service and standards are faultless. The beds are AMAZING, they put a duvet under the sheets aswell as over and it was heavenly, I had the best three nights sleep of my life (no mean feat at 7 months pregnant!) , they actually sell their pillows and duvets online and I am seriously considering a purchase! it was a miracle we got up and went anywhere at all!
we only ate in the hotel once as there are so many options nearby and the food is probably a bit overpriced, but that said, it was really delicious so no complaints. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel. we will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple