Our family of five stayed at the Sofitel St. James from 20-24 December 2009 in adjoining rooms on the third floor. We enjoyed the hotel very much and would not hesitate to stay here again. The location was fantastic (numerous coffee shops nearby for a quick dessert, hot chocolate or coffee, a Tesco Metro up the block for baby items and groceries, and all the amenities of Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street, and Trafalgar Square and St. James Park.
The hotel staff was excellent. Check-in went smoothly. All of our interactions with the concierge, front door and bell staff were of the highest caliber. Their recommendations for a boat cruise and arrangements for transportation to the airport were good (though our 9 month old was too big for the settings on the unfamiliar baby seat so we resorted to using a booster). The business center was centrally located and though there were only two computers, I was able to get on when I needed to.
The only room for improvement is in the restaurant. Breakfast was delicious, beautifully prepared and very fresh. The staff was a little hit or miss but very friendly and quick to help when asked. We really appreciated Liam's attentiveness, especially in light of dining with three children. During our one dinner with friends in the hotel restaurant, I felt neglected by the server and like we were inconveniencing him, but the food was okay.
Housekeeping was superb. Everything was exceptionally clean and the standards were consistent across our four night stay. That goes a long way when you are traveling with a crawling infant. Extra towels for the baby were provided without being asked and the hotel also furnished a baby bath, infant bath robe, teddy bear and potty chair.
Room service was very good for dinner for the children. Upon arrival the children were treated to cookies and juice in the room.
Our rooms facing and adjacent building were extremely quiet and a welcome retreat at the end of the day.
Though we are Four Seasons fans, when the FS London reopens, we would not hesitate to return to the Sofitel for its excellent service and location. The Sofitel exceeded our expectations and we're thankful to TripAdvisor for helping us find it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel London St James lies discreetly at the very heart of London. Created in a magnificent grade II listed building, the 183-room hotel boasts accommodation to suit every taste. The hotel features a restaurant, "The Balcon," an elegant cocktail bar, the St James Bar and a chic yet cosy Rose Lounge, ideal for afternoon tea. The hotel is the perfect place to unwind with So FIT, a gym and relaxation space, and a luxurious spa, So SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TravelUp, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel London St James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- London Sofitel St James