I stayed in the Sofitel for two nights (Superior room), and I think it is a little bit overrated. (price and reviews on this site)
To start with the good things: the location of the hotel is superb, all major tourist attractions are on walking distance. Because the hotel is just two minutes away from the underground, the City is also very close.
The staff is polite, but they are not really interested in their guests and did not make you feel very welcome.
The room I was put in was a very dark room without almost any daylight (see photos), I had to put my nose against the windows to see what the weather was. That's not what I expect from a Sofitel. Because the room was next to a room where they keep their staff I was waked a few times at night.
However, the bathroom was great, a good shower and a separate bath with plenty of hot water, even in the morning when the entire hotel takes a shower a the same time.
The breakfast was ok, but again the staff does not seem to care very much about their guests, and it took quite a while before I got my coffee.
When checking out I was asked if I enjoyed my stay: telling the guy that I did not really like my room did not help very much, he told me he was sorry and proceeded making my bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel London St James lies discreetly at the very heart of London. Created in a magnificent grade II listed building, the 183-room hotel boasts accommodation to suit every taste. The hotel features a restaurant, "The Balcon," an elegant cocktail bar, the St James Bar and a chic yet cosy Rose Lounge, ideal for afternoon tea. The hotel is the perfect place to unwind with So FIT, a gym and relaxation space, and a luxurious spa, So SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London St James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- London Sofitel St James