“Lydia”

Ranked #28 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Del Mar, California
“Lydia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a very beautiful 5 star hotel, with great location, friendly staff and great restaurant. We are very much impressed with their service. Cassandra Perri in front desk and Julian in Concierge desk are super sweet and helpful. The only problem we encounter is the bathroom a little tight, but we can manage it.

We certainly will recommend to our friends and we enjoyed all the time here.

D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I thank you for your positive feedback and for especially mentioning Cassandra and Julien. They were delighted to hear about your words of praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

A bientôt,

Denis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The Sofitel St James is an excellent hotel in the heart of London. The experiance at the Sofitel has been excellent from the very begining. There was an nfortunate mix up with an airport transfer, but the apologeic staff went beyond the call to ensure the error did not tarnish our experiance.

The decor is lovely and the rooms are excellent with a very comfortable bed. We travelled with our 15 onth old son and they had a cot set up with a teddy bear and his own towel and baby bath, these small touches make yu feel that much more welcome.

The staff are always friendly and polite, and the restauant, The Balcon, is excellent.

The hotel is located a short walk from the Regent st shops, Buckingham Palace, St James park, Parliament house and Trafagar Square.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mvfc
I am extremely thankful for such words of praise with regards to our high quality of service. Our utmost reward is to hear such positive feedbacks.

Every guest is precious to us and especially children. They are our little princes and princesses.

I also thank you for pointing out the fine cuisine served in our restaurant The Balcon.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon even if Australia is a bit far away from England.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

During our 3 night stay at rhe Sofitel St James, we have been extremely impressed with the service, professionalism and charm of this hotel. It is located very near to Buckingham Palace and St James park- but still close to the shops of Regent Street. The hotel is quiet and the rooms are elegantly decorated and well maintained. The beds are comfortable and the shower is great.

The breakfast at the Balcon is excellent and the restaurant itself quaint but stylish- very much like a Parisian brasserie. We dined in the restaurant for dinner and found the food lovely.

However, what has really made our stay memorable is the friendliness and service from all members of staff from the concierge, to housekeeping to restaurant staff. There was a mix up with respect to our airport transfer on arrival. However the staff more than made up for the mix up and were extremely professional and apologetic in the way they handled it.

We are also travelling with our 15 month son. It was lovely to arrive into the room and see they had catered for him as well. A teddy placed in his cot, a baby bath and Sofitel baby towel. Additionally the restaurant staff were friendly and looked after us by providing him with activities at the table.

Overall we have been extmely impressed with the hotel and will stay at the Sofitel St James again. Having stayed at the Dorchester, Sheraton on the Park and Royal Gardens, this hotel is the place we wish to return to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I felt extremely proud of my whole team while reading your feedback and I thank you for that.

We indeed genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. Children are among our favorite. Our service comes from the heart and I am glad to hear that you have felt so. Our aim is to have our guests live memorable experiences with us and I am happy to read that we have achieved our goal.

I thank you also to have mentioned the "lovely" food served in our restaurant The Balcon. We proud ourselves in offering the freshiest seasonal products on the market.

I am happy to hear that we went above and beyond your expectations in terms of high standards of service and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thessaloniki, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in London and we have stayed there twice and will stay again. It is extremely comfortable, laid back but also very classy and utterly without pretensions. The staff have always been extremely kind and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I am extremely glad to hear that Sofitel London St James is your favourite hotel in London.

I also felt very proud of my team while reading your positive feedback as we put a lot into delivering high standards of services.

We look forward to your third and fourth and ... stay.

A bientôt,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Yes, it is certyainly a quality hotel, but it somehow seems to lack the style that the price tag would seem to lead you to expect, I stayed for a couple of nights and had no real complaints, but wasn't wowed either

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank marcsanderson
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

I thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to hear that we have provided you with high standards of services.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been going frequently to London for the past four years.
Every once in a while I try out other hotels, but in the end I keep coming back to the Sofitel London St. James. Is is simply put one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, and certainly the best in the "rapport qualite-prix" department.
I have never encountered any problem at the rooms (and I've stayed at four different ones). All are confortable and spotless clean. And the staff is more than amiable: professional, kind, and always smiling and eager to help without imposing on you. I forget some names but Dries at the Front Office, Oliver at the Conciergerie, and Alexandra at the reservations department, are all part and exemplary of a great hotel team. Location is perfect: just a short walk from Covent Garden, and a step away from Picadilly, Trafalgar Sq. and the Mall.
To all at the hotel: keep up the fine work and thank you for making all our stays great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank armandele
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I am truly thankful to you for such words of praise regarding our high standards of services. I am glad to hear that you have felt that our quality of service is consistent.

We really love to indulge all of our guests and they can notice that we serve them with all of our heart, as so you have felt.

I thank you also for pointing out Dries, Oliver & Alexandra. They are indeed a true asset to the hotel. I will pass on to them your positive feedback.

We then look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hasta luego,