“What else is there to say about this magnificient hotel?”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #28 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Caracas, Venezuela
“What else is there to say about this magnificient hotel?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been going frequently to London for the past four years.
Every once in a while I try out other hotels, but in the end I keep coming back to the Sofitel London St. James. Is is simply put one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, and certainly the best in the "rapport qualite-prix" department.
I have never encountered any problem at the rooms (and I've stayed at four different ones). All are confortable and spotless clean. And the staff is more than amiable: professional, kind, and always smiling and eager to help without imposing on you. I forget some names but Dries at the Front Office, Oliver at the Conciergerie, and Alexandra at the reservations department, are all part and exemplary of a great hotel team. Location is perfect: just a short walk from Covent Garden, and a step away from Picadilly, Trafalgar Sq. and the Mall.
To all at the hotel: keep up the fine work and thank you for making all our stays great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank armandele
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I am truly thankful to you for such words of praise regarding our high standards of services. I am glad to hear that you have felt that our quality of service is consistent.

We really love to indulge all of our guests and they can notice that we serve them with all of our heart, as so you have felt.

I thank you also for pointing out Dries, Oliver & Alexandra. They are indeed a true asset to the hotel. I will pass on to them your positive feedback.

We then look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hasta luego,

Denis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stay at the Sofitel St. James Place everytime I travel to London. I travel all over the world stay in rather nice hotels and I will tell you that no other has matched the quality of the Sofitel London St. James Place. The staff is very warm and welcoming, the hotel rooms are super elegant, and you couldnt ask for a better location.

My favorite thing about the hotel has to be the comfort of the beds and the hot chocolate that is in everyroom!!! you couldnt ask for a better way to relax!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JaimeBuffalari
I thank you very much for your words of praise. Our utmost reward is to hear extremely satisfied guests like you stating that Sofitel London St James has got "the highest quality of service ever met" in a hotel. You have made our day, really!

Our central yet quiet location is also one of our assets.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Portsmouth, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Outstanding Hotel and Spa. It was a lot of fun to stay at the hotel. The room was perfect and the Spa was excellent. The staff were incredibly courteous and friendly and very helpful. It was a perfect stay! Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Douglas7790
I thank you for pointing Sofitel London St James out as an "outstanding hotel".

I also thank you for mentioning our So-SPA as an "excellent" one.

I am truly glad to hear that you have had the prefect stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We've been fans of the Sofitel chain ever since we discovered their Chicago location nearly ten years ago. The London hotel differs significantly in that the building itself is a historic, not modern like the one in Chicago. That said, it offers every amenity one might ask for, short of an indoor swimming pool. The location can't be beat for convenience - a few minutes away by foot from both Trafalgar Square (and the National Gallery) in one direction, and Piccadilly Square (West End Theaters and the Royal Academy) in the other. Despite its nearness to these tourist hotbeds, the Leicester Square location is a sea of tranquility. Service was excellent, from the front desk, to the restaurant, to the housekeeping staff. The price, while not exactly a bargain, is fair, considering the cost of everything else in London. We look forward to coming back soon!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank wolczo
Indeed our location is quite an asset as we are centrally located yet on the quiet Waterloo Place.

I felt very proud of my whole team while reading your feedback telling about the "excellent service" we have provided you with throughout the hotel. I thank you for pointing this out.

We then all look forward to welcoming you back.

Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent level of service from the moment we arrived. The staff were all friendly and couldn't have been more helpful.

This beautiful hotel is in a fantastic location, 2 minutes walk from Regents Street.The Mall was at the bottom of the road and Piccadilly Circus at the top, we really couldn't have asked for a better spot to explore London on foot.

Our room was a very reasonable size for a city hotel, smartly decorated and with all the appliances and toiletries you would expect in a top hotel.

The Spa was really lovely and the treatments were very good, but sadly there's no swimming pool. However, if you're having a treatment, they'll allow you to use the steam room or sauna free of charge as long as they are available at the time(private use).

I do understand that Sofitel is a French hotel group, but being in London, it felt a little odd to be greeted in French all the time.

Thank you for a lovely weekend.

1 Thank s4ffy
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us.

We love to indulge all of our guests and I am delighted to read that we have fulfilled your expectations in terms of services.

I also thank you for your words of praise regarding the So-SPA.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Marlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I visited the hotel for a very early breakfast meeting and had the opportunity, prior to the meeting, to look around the magnificent ground floor, the entrance hall is cavernous yet elegant with an almost floor to ceiling glass wall with the history of the original owners of the building.
Once out of the magnificent ex banking entrance hall the remainder of the ground floor facilities were like a rabbit warren but elegantly decorated, particularly the library room.
I held my meeting in the restaurant and had a table on the small raised area which was a little cramped for access to and from the buffet bar, just a minor irritation.
The range and quality of the food available was very good and across the whole spectrum that would be expected of an international hotel of this standard, the restaurant staff were attentive and professional.
A very good start to the day.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alan M
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I thank you for such wonderful a feedback.

I am most pleased to hear that your first experience in the hotel was magnificent.

We look forward to welcoming you also in our rooms, as St James Bar, our meeting rooms as well as in our So-SPA.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location, so close to many great sights and very easy to walk to so many places. Initially we were a bit disappointed that we were unable to check in as our room wasn't ready (this was at 4.30pm despite check in time being 3.00pm) However this was made up for by giving us a late check out on departure day which was very helpful as we had an evening flight. (We had to ask for this). The room was lovely and very spacious by London standards with a generous bathroom. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

2 Thank Roslyn E
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I thank you for your positive feedback.

I am glad to hear that the whole team has provided you with a genuine welcoming and attentive service.

I am sorry for the late check-in. I will make sure this does not happen again as it does not reflect at all our normal standards.

I thank you for recommending your friends and relatives to come over to Sofitel London St James.

I look forward to your next stay.