“Luxurious and great location”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #25 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location, so close to many great sights and very easy to walk to so many places. Initially we were a bit disappointed that we were unable to check in as our room wasn't ready (this was at 4.30pm despite check in time being 3.00pm) However this was made up for by giving us a late check out on departure day which was very helpful as we had an evening flight. (We had to ask for this). The room was lovely and very spacious by London standards with a generous bathroom. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roslyn E
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

I thank you for your positive feedback.

I am glad to hear that the whole team has provided you with a genuine welcoming and attentive service.

I am sorry for the late check-in. I will make sure this does not happen again as it does not reflect at all our normal standards.

I thank you for recommending your friends and relatives to come over to Sofitel London St James.

I look forward to your next stay.

Denis

Write a ReviewReviews (4,176)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at The Sofitel St James. We requested an upgrade and were granted one. The rooms are nice and luxurious, I loved the bathroom, although the shower door was only 1/2 a door, so water ended up on the floor. Very comfy beds. Not a loud hotel. Classy! Awesome French Press Coffee - ordered room service, pricy, but worth it.

I would most definitely stay here again, and I highly recommend this hotel to all my blog readers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank honeywhatscooking
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I am truly glad to hear that you have had a "wonderful stay" at Sofitel London St James.

Indeed we do our utmost to exceed our guests expectations therefore the whole team and I were delighted to have fulfilled our aim.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great Location
I was very disappointed with the room i expected more considering the room was a luxury room. the hotel was in a great location very close to theaters .
service was very good and the main hotel was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank mju401
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

I thank you for your feedback and for sharing your overall enjoyable stay.

We are indeed centraly yet quietly located on Waterloo Place.

I thank you for pointing out our very good level of service. This will serve as an encouragement to all the staff to keep on providing such standards.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Denis.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is the second time we stayed in Sofitel London. Our first stay was very good and we came back again. Unfortunately this time we got a less convenient room for the same rate. When we complained we were transferred after one night to a similar room that we had in our first stay.
As a VIP Sofitel member i expect to get the best room for the rate i am paying, so i was very unhappy that i had to complain and then to repack my things and to move to a different room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Naomiat

I thank you for your feedback.

We try our utmost to satisfy our guests requests however room type allocation is subject to our availability. We did not have the availability to upgrade you upon your arrival however we have met your expectations as soon as we could.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the second time in 2 years that we have stayed here and will be more than happy to stay again . Apart from its central location the staff are simply superb and deserve every accolade for making this a wonderful place . High Tea in the lounge and dinner in the restaurant were memorable events with great service all round . The big bonus for us was you walk out the front door and the parks and garden are to the left and the vibrant Piccadilly Circus was up the street to the right . Well worth the visit to this Hotel .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Indeed we are centrally located yet on the quiet Waterloo Place. This is extremely convenient for both professional and leisure purposes.

I thank you for pointing out the overall superb service provided to you all over the hotel and especially the one in our restaurant The Balcon as well as in the Rose Lounge for the Afternoon Tea. We love to indulge our guests. We cannot help it...

We were truly pleased to welcome you and look forward to your next stay at Sofitel London St James.

A bientôt,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Last week I had once again the great privilege to stay in the Sofitel St James, i.e. my favourite hotel in London. Not only is the location exceptional but the quality of the accommodation and the staff are wonderful. As many staff members have been there for a long time I never feel like just a guest but as a person they know. Another feature of this hotel which is remarkable is the exquisite flower arrangements which give this hotel a very special feeling. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

I am extremely thankful to you for this wonderful feedback!

We are the ones with a great priviledge to have you staying at Sofitel London St James.

Indeed we genuinely love to pamper our guests. Not customers. Guests. Our service from the heart touches also their heart and I am glad to hear that you have felt so.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

A bientôt,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Never reviewed before but compelled to do so following recent visit. Booked double room via lastminute.com to celebrate our anniversary and attend an afternoon function. We were greeted by pleasant and friendly staff who seemed genuinly interested in our stay. We were given a room upgrade and surprised with an anniversary confectionary in our room, which made our day. Our kingsize room was luxiourious but welcoming. The bedding plush and comfortable, bathroom roomy and just lovely
The hotel bar was cozy and comfortable with pleasant and highly efficient staff. We didn't get the opportunity of dining at the hotel restaurant during our short stay, but the menu seemed very appetising indeed. In short my husband and I highly recommend the Sofitel St James, and wish to thank all the staff involved for making our stay amazing!

• Stayed: May 2013
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We try and never miss any anniversary or birthday. It is too important a step.

I thank you for highly recommending Sofitel London St James as we genuinely love to look after all of our guests.

Looking forward to your next stay.