“Happy Returns”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #24 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Sofitel St James. It has become our hotel of choice in London. Service is always excellent and the staff are very helpful. The hotel has a great position in walking distance of theatres, restaurants, shops and many of the best attractions in London. Walking out of the hotel on a chrisp, sunny autumn morning and into St James's Park in less than five minutes is great. The bar had been remodelled since our previous stay and is now more spacious and welcoming, our after theatre supper was delicious.
Rooms are not huge but are well designed and quiet. Sofitel rooms have very comfortable beds. We will be back next trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I am truly pleased to hear that you have very much enjoyed your stay at Sofitel London St James.

We genuinely look after all of our guests and I am glad to read that the whole team has achieved its aim.

Indeed MyBed is uniquely comfortable! All the guets are enchanted to sleep over.

Au revoir et à bientôt.

Denis

Write a ReviewReviews (4,175)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed for 1 night 15th march, The hotel is in a great location for London theatres, shopping and sight seeing. just a few minutes walk from tube station.
The rooms were luxurious, very comfortable with everything you need. The staff at the hotel were very friendly, helpful and welcoming.
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant but it looked very nice, booking was recommended. However there are plenty of restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel.
Would defiantly recommend this hotel if you we're looking for a stay in LOndon or as a special treat.
oN arrival we were asked if we were staying for a special occasion, we said it was for n
My husbands birthday. on arriving back in our room after going out for the evening we had a complimentary birthday cake waiting for us. This was a very nice touch and made it that bit more special.
The hotel also has a spa and gym but we did not use these, however the spa prices were very reasonable

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cdeedee4

It was a real pleasure welcoming you. We love to look after all of our guests and a birthday is surely an importasnt step in ones life.

Next time please do not hesitate to indulge in our restaurant The Balcon. I am sure you will very much enjoy it!

I thank you for recommending TripAdvisor surfers to come over to Sofitel London St James.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have heard a lot about Sofitel properties and decided that for 2012 family new year will be spent in Sofitel, St James. I was ready to be amazed. I wasnt amazed, however I had a good time. The service staff are very friendly, attentive and grow familiar by the day. The decor and scuptures in the entrance are just magnificient and eye catching.

My deluxe room didnt have a view, food is decent. There was just one thing i couldn't get out pf my head: Our hot breakfast was served cold. Yes it was winter, but thats why you have hot boxes. The staff was quite apolegitic, but mentioned about being short staffed after christmas, new years etc. I was hoping to be amazed, instead I met some very nice people and thats about it.

So if you want friendly service, child friendly rooms, great location in the centre of london...this is a good choice. As long as you can let go of some minor issues here and there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SUTANU

I am glad to hear that you have had an overall enjoyable experience at Sofitel London St James.

Also I thank you for your constructive feedback. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served to you was not hot enough. Please rest assured that I will liaise with the F&B Manager in order to avoid any future occurence as this does not reflect at all our normal high standard of services.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We recently visited London for 3 days and decided to stay at Sofitel which is a very good hotel chain. We were at first worried that staying in a hotel in Piccadilly would not be a good idea but it turned out to be a great one. Sofitel St-James is very well located and a few minutes walk from a tube station (underground), from shops & many restaurants. We were warmly welcomed at Sofitel by Laura and the whole staff who did the most to make our stay very enjoyable. From the concierges, to the receptionists not to mention the maid who spontaneously gave us an adopter for non-UK plugs when she found out that ours was not working properly, every staff member was very kind & very professional. We did not have one bad experience with the staff during our whole stay. Our room was spacious and very quiet. It was equiped with an iron board, a kettle, a music system to plug in your iPod, those are the well appreciated details that make the difference. A coffee machine was also available on request. The bed is the trademark of Sofitel. It is for sure one of the most comfortable beds we have slept in and we will definitely buy one on Sofitel's online boutique when the time comes to change ours at home. We strongly recommend to chose Sofitel St-James for anyone who wants to feel at home and stay in the heart of London and would like to warmly thank each of the staff members of Sofitel St-James for having made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

You could not make me happier! Thank you for such an amazing feedback!

The whole team felt really proud to have met your expectations in terms of service. We genuinely love to indulge our guests and they can feel it. This has definitely served as an encouragement to keep on providing such high standards of service.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

A bientôt,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

A well placed hotel with efficient unobtrusive service. The rooms are very small but well appointed and luxurious. The breakfast was a little disappointing - I think table service would be more fitting to the style (and cost) of the restaurant, rather than a buffet.

Overall a treat but for business in future I will go somewhere less glamorous but more functional.

Stayed: November 2012

I am glad to hear that the hotel facilities are comfortable and that the staff is efficient and friendly.

Regarding breakfast, the Executive Chef prouds himself in offering the freshiest seasonal products on the market so I am sorry to hear that you did not quite enjoyed it.

I thank you for your feedback and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

exceptional experience. This hotel is top notch, from the rooms, to the staff, the bars and restaurants, i cannot fault it. The reception staff made us feel like royalty from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Uber professional. if i ever have to stay in another hotel in the centre of town, i will feel cheated, and second best.
five stars all the way.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

I thank you for such positive notes regarding our high standards of service. Indeed we are entirely committed to our guests satisfaction and I am glad to hear that we have once again achieved our aim.

We look forward to your next visit, very soon I hope.

A bientôt,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I am a member of A-Club program. This is my first time i stay at Sofitel London St James. i must stay the location is ideal since it is in heart of Piccadilly area, and within walking distance to Soho and regent Street for shopping.

as far as the hotel services, their bar, and the restaurant. i could not be but satisfied. the ambiance is cozy, the personnel friendly, and the food/ wine of vast variety and great quality.

I will definitely return to Sofitel London St James next time i am in London. and definitely, i recommend everyone to try and will be pleased with the service overall

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank LisaBoulos

It was a pleasure welcoming you to Sofitel London St James as well as reading your positive review.

Indeed our central yet quiet location is quite an asset however what is even a greater asset is my whole team dedicated to satisfying all of our guests. We genuinely love to indulge and look after our guests and they can feel it.

We then look forward to your next visit.