Sofitel London St James
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo(London)
Very Good 4/5
4,336 results
All reviewspiccadilly circuspall mallrose loungehermes toiletriesluxury roombuckingham palacenational galleryjames parkregent streetroom servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationturn down serviceafternoon teawest endrain showerfive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is outstanding. It is right in the heart of London but inside the hotel is an oasis of calm. The staff take great care to make sure that everything is as you want it; they are always on hand when needed but never obtrusive and always friendly. We arrived a few minutes early so our room was not quite ready; our cases were taken and we were whisked away for a coffee until it was. We had asked for a quiet room and we got one, further we had been upgraded from a deluxe to a suite, which was very much appreciated. We had booked the night for my birthday, and soon after check-in a birthday cake arrived, a lovely surprise. The fitness room is also calm, no macho decor, but plants and pebbles and a special relaxation pod and jacuzzi shower. The bar cocktails are excellent and there is a very reasonable menu of bar snacks; the service is impeccable. Breakfast - we had booked the "magnifique" version - was excellent and again great service. As we left I was asked what they could do to improve their service and, quite honestly, I was unable to think of anything. This is a truly great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PLowndes
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We could not ask for more. We are wild with joy thanks to your feedback. We are truly pleased to hear that we have fulfilled your expectations in terms of high standards of service.

Indeed we cannot help indulging our guests. Therefore it was a joy for us to take part into your birthday celebration.

I also thank you for pointing out our excellent cocktails in our St James Bar as well as the excellent breakfast in our restaurant The Balcon.

What really made me feel proud of my whole team is our "great service". Thank you, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel for a family occasion and the hotel and all staff truly rose to the occasion to make it a special stay to remember. From arrival to departure, the staff were fully attentive and offfered solution before one even could phrase the question. service comes at ease in this house that makes one forget that its a hotel.

The rooms are stunning and furnished in a beautiful combination of french period chic with modern mod-coms. Set in a building of great british architecture in the heart of the old capital of teh British empire, the Sofitel has inserted a little "French Empire" of the 21st century. There is little to be desired for that is not already thought of in way of features, design and comfort.

Despite its super central location, the rooms are all quiet and well insulated - yet preserving great views where possible. The generous flower arrangements throughout the public spaces are a pleasure to see and playfully guide the guest through the different hosting rooms (lobby, tea room, bar, restaurant).

In terms of central location and quality to stay, the Sofitel must be one of the beacons of luxury hotels in london.

Room Tip: the junior suites are a treat
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank I_laurentius
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

You really made my day! Thank you for quoting Sofitel London St James as being a "jewel". We genuinely love to look after all of our guests and I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us.

We all look forward to your next stay.

A bientôt,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Sofitel London St James is a great hotel in every way. Location, staff, design, amenities, you name it. They have everything needed for a great stay. I will definitely return next time I’m in London.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank expatMEL
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for this great feedback!

I am glad to hear that your experience at Sofitel London St James was enhanced due to our attention to details as well as to our passion for all of our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My one night stay at this hotel was truly excellent.

At check-in, staff were very polite, efficient and friendly. I was informed we had been upgraded to a superior room. In addition, they made sure that my request for a quiet room in a higher floor was met.

Room was excellent. 5 minutes after arriving, a waiter came with a 1 litre bottled water and home made (delicious) chocolates (all complimentary). At turndown they also put next to each bedside table a small bottle of water. The room is really well decorated, toiletries in bathroom are excellent, and shower pressure is good.

We had tea at their Rose Lounge. Wide selection of tea choices, excellent sandwiches and their scones were great. They also came with a choice of cakes at the end. Everything was delicious. We were also glad we had not eaten lunch, we were completely full after all that. Their champagne-cocktail was also great.

Breakfast, which was booked as part of their Magnifique package, was really good. Good selection of cold meats, cereals, yoghurts, salmon, pastries, breads and cooked food. Staff were extremely efficient and polite.

All in all excellent stay, and for what we paid for this hotel category I thought extremely good value for money. My only drawback was that we only stayed there for one night!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank daveramlu

I am really glad to read such a positive feedback.

I thank you for pointing out our "delicious" Afternoon Tea and breakfast.

We love to indulge all of our guests and I am happy to hear that you have felt it too.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed on 16th Feb in room 324,on entering the room there was a large machine in the middle,my husband found one of the housekeepers who removed it.
We then went out for the evening on our return, we could not believe the stench in the room.We had to phone reception at 1am to be moved, this room was fine but much smaller than the previous one.
We have stayed in other Sofitel Hotels and have never experianced anything like this before,very dissapointing for our Valentine break.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank VARDO
Denis_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for your constructive feedback.

I will right away have the Executive Housekeeper investigate the reasons forf this smell in your room in order to avoid any future occurence. Please rest assured that this does not reflect at all our normal standards.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back.

Regards.