Just back from three days at this discrete, stylish hotel. I booked because of the reviews and my stays at other Sofitels in Washington and New York; this one is clearly the best. In net, the experience was wholly satisfying on all fronts: luxurious, professional, yet filled with warm human touches ... a delightful splurge that I’d happily repeat at any time.
Peaceful central location, very near (but not in) Trafalgar and Picadilly, within easy walking range of galleries, the Eye, theater district and Covent Garden, shopping; courteous, efficient, friendly staff delivering the highest level of service throughout the hotel, notably at the concierge position; spotless, tasteful, quiet rooms, with heavenly beds and linens (and, I couldn't help noticing, Hermes toiletries); large, delicious breakfasts at the hotel's Balcon restaurant, which is highly Zagat-rated in its own right; a cozy bar with relatively reasonable drink prices and informal eating options; a very well-equipped gym. The hotel is to be commended for providing free Internet access that is perfectly adequate for web browsing and Skype, etc, as all hotels at this level should (but rarely do).
Essentially none. It’s London, so (1) the rooms are a bit compact and (2) not inexpensive; but Sofitel delivers corresponding value. There wasn’t much of a view through my specific window.
My rate included breakfast, which was much cheaper than daily purchase. Many flights from North America land early in the morning, as did mine. The front desk staff was kind enough to find me a room on arrival at 11:00 AM, to my vast relief as I wasn’t sure I’d still have been awake at the usual check-in time. (Other hotels are known to try to force the exhausted traveller to purchase another full day for the same thing.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel London St James lies discreetly at the very heart of London. Created in a magnificent grade II listed building, the 183-room hotel boasts accommodation to suit every taste. The hotel features a restaurant, "The Balcon," an elegant cocktail bar, the St James Bar and a chic yet cosy Rose Lounge, ideal for afternoon tea. The hotel is the perfect place to unwind with So FIT, a gym and relaxation space, and a luxurious spa, So SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel London St James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- London Sofitel St James