“Authentic, reasonable price”

Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
“Authentic, reasonable price”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Not a glamorous establishment but food is authentic, fresh and tasty. Service a bit iffy at times with waiting staff not quite on the ball. Really good place to go before going so where else, not a night out in itself. Tipped in cash rather than card following a previous reviewers comments, not particularly well received but ok.

• Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great sushis at a decent price!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

For that price range I think sasa sushi is one of the best sushi places I've tried in London.
Very fresh and some original flavours.
We got the food delivered and it arrived right on time after 45 min.

London, United Kingdom
“Our favourite sushi spot in Angel”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We walked into here with low expectations and just hungry since we live in the area. The atmosphere is nothing to write home about but the staff were very cordial and polite. We ate a range of things from gyozas, to sushis, and appetisers such as grilled aubergine and beef tataki. Some of the food was okay such as the beef and the aubergine. However the melting salmon sushi is to die for and we are now regulars of the spot mainly for that dish alone. Crispy tuna roll is also very good.
Very tasty sushi and overall reasonably priced no frills sushi spot!

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“the best sushi in London so far”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

great sushi and great value. the decoration could be better but the place looks really clean. taste of fresh quality

• Visited September 2013
London, UK
“Quite simply the best sushi I've had in London !”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been to Sasa Sushi quite a few times, and haven't written a review which is somewhat surprising for me, so am now rectifying that !

Having been here quite a few times as you can imagine, I like the place - I like the place a lot - in fact I LOVE the place ... it's a measure of how much I love the place that I don't spend less than 100 GBP in here every time I visit (2 people) - and that isn't because sushi is expensive - it's because when my friend and I leave - we don't walk out the door - we're so full we waddle out the door !

Not to put too fine a point on it - but everything they do here is good - the only dishes I haven't tried are the noodle ones because I'm not that great a fan - although they are on my to do list at some point .. but their sashimi, nigiri and rolls are out of this world good - so good that I actually took some pictures so you could all see what I meant ! The staff are courteous and deliver their service with grace, speed and accuracy - what more could you want ?

Presentation is immaculate and beautiful as you can see from the pictures, and here's a hot tip - if you order the sweet shrimp, ask the team if they could put the heads into the miso soup (order this too !), as you'll end up with the best miso soup you've ever ordered - I ended up ordering an extra miso soup and poured it into the bowl of shrimp heads as they still had more flavour to give ... absolutely amazing !

The sashimi overall is amazingly fresh and I love it all - the sweet shrimp is great, but the scallops are my favourite and they're astounding - sweet, lovely morsels of seafood goodness just melting on your tongue demanding to be eaten ... it's difficult to know when to stop !

My favourite rolls are the crunchy tuna and jumbo and if you're anything like me you'll have issues trying to only order 2 of each .. luckily there are plenty of other items on their menu that you'll want to give a go, like their crab meat and scallop creations served on the scallop shell which are also out of this world good. For another dish we ordered the black cod tempura and again, I thought it was out of this world good, although my friend didn't agree enjoy the texture of the fish with the tempura batter ...

For dessert my friend and I had the ice cream which comes in different flavours to the norm - but also awesome - my favourite being the sweet chestnut and black sesame, although the green tea is also a lovely palate cleanser.

The one dish I would absolutely love Sasa Sushi do is katsu curry - I'm a definitely aficionado of the katsu curry, and just have this feeling that if they were to ever do one it would end up being the best one on planet Earth ... so if you're reading this Sasa - please put it on the menu !

So - in summary - if you love sushi - should you visit Sasa ? Well - yes - and don't wait either - run ! The only problem that you'll have visiting Sasa is that once you've been, you'll never be able to visit places like Yo Sushi without comparing it against Sasa - and invariably all other places will lose the comparison test ...

In short - don't delay - go today !

• Visited August 2013